What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Fox commentary

hewi

Bench
Funny you say that. I watched the game with my mum (who is 86 yo and a lifetime Dragons fan) who said something very similar as we were watching the fox telecast. It was along the lines of “they really don’t like Saints do they?” She’s quite astute my mum is...

Not only astute your mum but a top lady to been a Dragons supporter. How did her ticker hold up? Mine would have been off the scale.

jargan83

Coach
It wasn’t until there was probably only 4 or 5 minutes left in the game when the commentators stopped dribbling about a “Broncos miracle”.

I get the commentators have to sell the game to stop people from swapping stations but jeez they could talk about how well the Dragons has played. Who cares if those bandwagon Qlders switch off.

mbk78

Juniors
I was listening to the ABC (radio) this afternoon on my way to my mum’s place (to watch the footy game with her). Anyway they were talkng to Matty Elliott who was down on the sideline. He made a few comments. First one was that while the Dragons backs were going through their routines the forwards were in a huddle with James Graham addressing them. Second observation shortly after was that as the Dragons players were running past him Elliott observed how focussed they all were. He was then asked how the broncos looked and he replied “relaxed”, I immediately recalled back to 2010 and how the Roosters were described as “relaxed” prior to the GF. At that point I felt more confident about today’s game and my last minute decision to change my tip to the Dragons prior to leaving home.

Dorsai

Juniors
It was funny every time the broncos made a mistake it was the broncos could have scored there just for that last pass. Nothing about the defence being up in their face and forcing the mistake.

The commentators really are bias and each dirty play by a bronco play where an elbow went in the tackle or an extra man went in late, nothing was said. As a Dragons supporter I suppose you get used to it, but it still stinks.

I really think the channel 9 commentators thought the broncos would win right up till 30 seconds left on the clock lol.

hazzbeen

Bench
I must admit I was a bit worried about her. She’s going to hospital tomorrow morning for a heart test (no kidding). But she’s a tough lady. Anyway thanks for asking Hewi.
Hope all is good for her .....

mickeylane

Bench
My highlight of the night was "Who says Dragons can't win the premiership?" from Brandy, knowing full well he said it during the week.
realistically speaking no one can win the comp coming from outside the top 4...too many hard games en on end to win...i mean Dragons have to play 4 of these games like today to win the premiership -by the time they get to the grand final Tristan Sailor will be playing with all the injuries we are copping along the way...
Roosters or Storm in box seat for premiership but in saying that if we beat Souths you can then put this season down as a success and something to build on next year....

Latest posts