What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Fox covering the Finals??

TinghaExpress

Juniors
I was just watching the replay of Roosters v Brisbane game on fox and noticed warren smith was calling the game?? I assumed straight away it was for the southern states so they could watch it live last nite? But if its not that does anyone have any idea why fox would also call the game (seems a little silly if you ask me)...

whatwhat

Juniors
I think its so they have tehir own commentators doing it. Im not sure why though, first times its happened.

ucantseeme

Juniors
Could it be possible they aired it live on FoxSports outside of NSW/QLD?

Otherwise what's the point?

Mal Meninga

Bench
Do they have their own cameras there or use the channel 9 feed?

I noticed they didn't have the 9 logo in the corner.

Who's calling the U20 games?

Special K

Coach
fox is doing the 20s games so i assume they have some deal with the nrl to do the games after for their replays?

I like it personally

Razor

Coach
Could it be possible they aired it live on FoxSports outside of NSW/QLD?

Fox Sports is a nationwide channel. Not state-based. If it was on live in other areas then it would have been on MainEvent (which is state based) like the AFL is in QLD.

Otherwise what's the point?

They might not have been able to reach agreement with Nine. To use their commentators they also have to pay 9 a fee. Fox Sports use their own when replying tennis matches that were on 7. Haven't seen it for anything else.

Do they have their own cameras there or use the channel 9 feed?

They'll be using 9s feed. The main broadcaster of the event (this is for all sports) is required to provide the video footage to other broadcasters.

It certainly wasn't live anywhere on fox. It's a bad situation, when the finals come around, and we get less exposure to them than we do to the regular season games in Melb.
Having said that, at least they're showing the Storm game live on 9 in Melb tomorrow

j5o6hn

Juniors
It was not live in Perth on Fox but it was on at 8 30 instead of 9 30 on Friday night, we appear to be not getting any RL on Fox on Sat night, gosh thanks channel 9 I hope you go broke,what am I saying they are.

Brownie.Kougari

Juniors
It certainly wasn't live anywhere on fox. It's a bad situation, when the finals come around, and we get less exposure to them than we do to the regular season games in Melb.
Having said that, at least they're showing the Storm game live on 9 in Melb tomorrow

there's always a silver lining!! :D

Perth Red

Post Whore
Why are Fox not showing Sat's play off games till Sunday morning?

Ch9 WA are showing the games at 12.10am and 2am! Can't understand why Fox aren't showing the them on the same day?

imasharkie

Coach
if they were both able to do the live broadcast, I'd be watching Fox.
IMO Warren Smith is the best footy caller and Gould is the worst.

I like Rabbs,Vossy and Sterlo from the Nine team.
The only Fox caller I don't like is Freeman.

IanG

Coach
Yeah I noticed this down at the club on Friday Night that Fox had it's own graphics on their coverage. Didn't know they had their own commentary on it. I knew that Fox was at the games cuz they're doing the Toyota Cup.

Latest posts