What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Fox league social media and journo hypocrisy. Who else has had enough of them?

Fox league at it again…

A major reason I’ve turned off fox league, along with the journalistic shoutfest is the hypocrisy with portraying to be advocates of mental health yet attack and ridicule players at will….

Eg Greg Alexander saying Anthony Milford was “stealing money” at the Broncos.

Now they’ve posted on socials (quickly taken down) and website hammering Corey Norman and “promoting” hate posts about him…

I’ve quit them… I see others are doing so. And being called out by many for their hypocrisy.

Jim Rockford

Bench
They are just following Uncle Ruperts playbook on how to draw in all the mouth-breathers. Any info worth hearing I can get from other sources, I have no need to watch any of the Fox League programs.

The story (so you don’t give them the clicks they want)

"Staff Writers"..... AKA Cowards working for a Gutless Organisation...

$800k Dragon roasted after gifting opposition TWO tries as fans ask, where is Dufty?​

Staff Writers from Fox Sports
August 13th, 2021 7:33 pm
St George Illawarra fans are seemingly fed up with five-eighth Corey Norman, and took to Twitter to vent their frustrations after he put two Penrith tries on a platter during Friday’s Round 22 clash at Suncorp Stadium.
An errant Norman pass was easily intercepted by Panthers winger Brent Naden, who sprinted 90 metres to score the opening try of the night.
Another Norman pass found the hands of Penrith centre Paul Momirovski, resulting in another try a couple of plays later.

Norman, 30, has been told by the Dragons he won’t be offered a new contract and so he only has a few games left in the red and white.

Bizarrely, fullback Matt Dufty is in exactly the same position, but has been exiled by the Dragons and isn’t getting selected, despite clearly being their X-factor that could be the difference between playing finals and not.

Norman hasn’t found a new home for 2022 and given his form in the first half on Friday night, he’s certainly not attracting the $800,000 he’s currently earning from the Red V.

>>>

After this they have posted about 20 tweets from people and organisations like Bet365 of people tearing down Norman. (I cant copy/paste for some reason) - but they are on the social post called out above.

Whatever you think personally of him - for an organisation to do what they have here is just typical of the gutter journalism they spew out all too regularly. And it all comes from the top. Murdoch.

They are just following Uncle Ruperts playbook on how to draw in all the mouth-breathers. Any info worth hearing I can get from other sources, I have no need to watch any of the Fox League programs.
The 4S policy of Murdoch was widely known in the UK when he bough newspapers and began gaining market Share.

Sex
Scandal
Scare
Sensationalise

Nothings changed except he's got uglier and older with the years.

Big Pete

Referee
The state of Rugby League journalism really has gone downhill since the departure of RLW and Big League. There's a few decent independent writers like Pythago NRL and RL Writers as well as the ex-player driven content like Bloke In A Bar (Denan Kemp) and YKTR.

The FoxSports coverage has continued to trend downward ever since the launch of Fox League and the focus on personality driven content. You're not watching for the latest Rugby League news, you're watching to see Kenty get fired up and go toe to toe with Buzz Rothfield. Or listen to James Hooper pick fights with Cameron Smith and George Williams - who cares?

My favourite is the Big League Wrap where they constantly fail to cover the entire round of the competition so they can flog the same talking points over and over again.

The state of Rugby League journalism really has gone downhill since the departure of RLW and Big League. There's a few decent independent writers like Pythago NRL and RL Writers as well as the ex-player driven content like Bloke In A Bar (Denan Kemp) and YKTR.

The FoxSports coverage has continued to trend downward ever since the launch of Fox League and the focus on personality driven content. You're not watching for the latest Rugby League news, you're watching to see Kenty get fired up and go toe to toe with Buzz Rothfield. Or listen to James Hooper pick fights with Cameron Smith and George Williams - who cares?

My favourite is the Big League Wrap where they constantly fail to cover the entire round of the competition so they can flog the same talking points over and over again.
Great post Pete. Summed up perfectly.

KennySterling

Juniors

Great post.
No one had the brains to save RLW and the Bible is sorely missed by many. In its heyday publishing day was the highlight of the week.

undertaker

Coach
Gus Worland is no different. Likes to give a good kick (Russell Crowe for one), then wrings his hands for Gotcha4Life and depression. f**k off you fat merkin.
Worland would be a nobody today if he wasn't friends with Hugh Jackman in high school. That connection pretty much opened the doors for his media career.

Worland is another example of "It's not what you know; it's who you know"

Chippy73

Bench
Rupert Murdoch is a vile creature and the world will be a better place when he does everyone a favour and drops dead.
The greatest villain of the last 50 years IMO, has wreaked havoc in three separate Democracies including bringing the biggest one almost to the brink of civil war and collapse with his endless disinformation operations.

That's not even mentioning his media organs being the fundamental driver against any meaningful action on climate change.

Just an epic epic merkin.

Latest posts