What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Fox Sports Cricket Tantrum Over Tongue-In-Cheek Matt Hayden Sledge

TheParraboy

Staff member
Thought they were nice and lovely guys, maybe only on the pitch ;)

Kiwis as a rule tend to get a bit salty when it comes to Aussies, Always put in a little dig here and there, always in good jest and fun ...mostly

The Williamson jizz fest was over the top, but hey we get that with Davey and Smith when they score tons, so didnt bother me, happens with each nation

Was listening to their commentary NZ v Pak test

And they were talking about opponents who were lucky

The female commentator on there (no idea who she was, ex kiwi player) said something along the lines

"Well for me its the whole aussie team, they always had luck against us, always nicking the ball past the slips etc....". She gave a couple of example in games, and basically had a hissy fit. (For the record the Aussie womens usually belts the kiwi womens team LOL)

Was thinking she was headed for a full on meltdown LOL

Eelementary

Post Whore
Thought they were nice and lovely guys, maybe only on the pitch ;)

Kiwis as a rule tend to get a bit salty when it comes to Aussies, Always put in a little dig here and there, always in good jest and fun ...mostly

The Williamson jizz fest was over the top, but hey we get that with Davey and Smith when they score tons, so didnt bother me, happens with each nation

Was listening to their commentary NZ v Pak test

And they were talking about opponents who were lucky

The female commentator on there (no idea who she was, ex kiwi player) said something along the lines

"Well for me its the whole aussie team, they always had luck against us, always nicking the ball past the slips etc....". She gave a couple of example in games, and basically had a hissy fit. (For the record the Aussie womens usually belts the kiwi womens team LOL)

Was thinking she was headed for a full on meltdown LOL

It's so silly!

Williamson is a great player, but Hayden - for all his flaws - did what Williamson did, and quicker.

I still thought the Haydos remark was pretty funny - no need to get outraged!

Bazal

Post Whore
Hayden was a flat track bully and a humongous Merkin of a bloke. I see no issue here.

Reactions: JJ

shiznit

Coach
https://coupler.foxsports.com.au/ap...e/news-story/7d1e2d257a8577c66f0b9b4151c8bf23

Anyone see this?

A Kiwi cricket reporter made an [obviously] tongue-in-cheek joke about Matthew Hayden, and the Fox Sports cricket reporting team had a bit of a tantrum about it.

that was Dylan Cleaver who is rubbish.

Unless he actually knows Hayden personally and it was an ‘in joke’ it wasn’t actually funny.

because as far as I’m aware there’s no actual reason a kiwi would have anymore animosity towards him than Ponting or Smith or any other Aussie batsman.

it was just a random potshot with really no context... and TBH if an Aussie journo took a shot like that about Richie McCaw or someone like that they would probably be front page sports news... :joy::joy:

I’ve got nothing but absolute respect for the dude... infact... he had the best innings I’ve ever seen live at the ground. 181* in the 3rd CH trophy series game in Hamilton in 2007.

Dude was unbelievable.

Eelementary

Post Whore
that was Dylan Cleaver who is rubbish.

Unless he actually knows Hayden personally and it was an ‘in joke’ it wasn’t actually funny.

because as far as I’m aware there’s no actual reason a kiwi would have anymore animosity towards him than Ponting or Smith or any other Aussie batsman.

it was just a random potshot with really no context... and TBH if an Aussie journo took a shot like that about Richie McCaw or someone like that they would probably be front page sports news... :joy::joy:

I’ve got nothing but absolute respect for the dude... infact... he had the best innings I’ve ever seen live at the ground. 181* in the 3rd CH trophy series game in Hamilton in 2007.

Dude was unbelievable.

Tbh, I thought it came out of nowhere, but it was funny.

I don't know why Fox Sports made such a big deal of it.

JJ

Immortal
It was weird, but to be fair in most people’s eyes Hayden is the odd one out in that list... but his record is astonishing

as for the woman, presumably McKay or Martin, I didn’t hear it, but heard nothing of any substance from them nor Stevenson or Elliott through either series

the sycophantic carry on at the end was nauseating, but I’m still amazed we’ve been consistent enough to be #1 even if briefly

roofromoz

First Grade
Fox Sports will make a mountain of a molehill if made elsewhere but absolutely silent if the sledge is on one of their platforms.

Unless it's hilarious then it's "all time".