What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Fox virtual audio

Virtual Audio; yay or nay?

• Love it

Votes: 15 30.6%
  • Hate it

Votes: 11 22.4%
  • Don't care

Votes: 12 24.5%
  • Pump it right up when Kevin Walters speaks

Votes: 11 22.4%

• Total voters

moffla

Bench
Respect the effort but I'm neither here nor there.

They could have Paul Kent and James Hooper talking in the back for 80 mins for all I care... Rugba Leeg is back!

sempmrh

Juniors
I don't think adding fake crowd noise is necessary - but I understand why they're doing it. We're in a very unique situation and everyone knows it so there's no need to try covering it up.

Saying that, I do appreciate the cardboard cutout idea because at least that's a real way to engage the fan base.

Cactus

Juniors
They could have Paul Kent and James Hooper talking in the back for 80 mins for all I care...

C'mon now....be serious for a minute.

Would almost rather the collective words of Clementine Ford, along with flesh eating bugs and nitroglycerin be packed into my ear canals & sealed with wax.

Almost.

Canard

Immortal
I'm sure they have been doing it for years under the actual crowd audio.

I've been at virtually empty stadiums with the sports ears on and can hear crowd noise that just isn't there live.

moffla

Bench
C'mon now....be serious for a minute.

Would almost rather the collective words of Clementine Ford, along with flesh eating bugs and nitroglycerin be packed into my ear canals & sealed with wax.

Almost.
After listening to a snippet of an NRL360 clip since writing my comment, I wholeheartedly take it back

I’d prefer to watch it as is. Nothing contrived. But respect what they are trying to do. Was just listening to a sports show here in Adelaide and they were all talking about it.

Styles clash

Juniors
I'm sure they have been doing it for years under the actual crowd audio.

I've been at virtually empty stadiums with the sports ears on and can hear crowd noise that just isn't there live.

They know where to put microphones and play with the volume. On Channel 9 the crowd noise always goes up as a player runs into a tackle.

I Bleed Maroon

Referee
Yeah nah, it's just awkward sounding. Suncorp would be a lot louder than that watching Milf score that try in particular.

shear_joy9

Coach
I'd like to know how it works. Is it just someone pushing buttons on a sound board corresponding to the action on the field?
try scored = generic cheer
penalty against = boo