What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Fozz for GB

Paul-The-Cowboy

Juniors
I think if Alker would've jumped ship a couple of years ago he would've developed into a player able to hold down a place in a top 4 team. It was only just over 2 years ago that he was selected for GB in the final test against Aus (but missed it due to a suspension for brawling :lol: ) and had interest from as far as Souths. I doubt this is the case anymore.

Mal's going nowhere with Salford. He's probably one of the fittest players in the league and a monster in defence. But as you've mentioned he offers little in attack (well except that 10 minute hat-trick but that was Swinton :lol:). I believe this to be a lot down to Salford's tactics more than anything. I've seen glimpses of what he can do but he has little chance to shine. Unfortunately he may have missed any chance he had of battling it out for further Lancy honours in the future and captain of a mediocre club may be as good as it gets! Shame, as I was a big fan of his.

Workhorse you say? Well Joynt is out of contract at the end of the year ;-)

I see your point. Hadn't really thought about the impact of the departures of Gartner and Forshaw until now! They've also left a bit of a hole (although that Langley looks a good 'un, not so sure about the hair though!). Saying all that, you've got to be happy that you've got the WCC and 2nd place. Especially with the annual incredible fall of Leeds to come :D

Asim

Juniors
I'm happy with the league position and of course the silverware, the performances haven't been the best so to be in the position we are is encouraging, I don't think we'll win the comp this year, for me this was always going to be a transitional year.

The four players we lost (Jimmy, Gartner, Forshaw and Naylor) were our four most experienced performers and particularly key to our defence, youngsters like Langley and Smith have the talent but will only develop defensively with a bit more know-how and experience, it's notable how much more ground we are giving up at the ptb compared to last year, Lowes and Forshaw excelled at defending there.

With regards to Alker, it might have been best for him to move a couple of years aago as you suggest, we still had Lowes though, so I doubt he'd have wanted to move to Bradford and be second string.

Latest posts