What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

France have to build their team around Marion & Goudemand

The Daddy3

Juniors
The key to any good team is the spine. A team with good players in the core positions in RL normally does well. You will find that with the successful Australian national teams and the Wigan teams in the 90s.

The spine in RL is full back, the halves, loose forward and hooker.

If France are going to close the gap between them and the top 3, they must establish which young players NOW will form that spine between now and the 2021 World Cup.

Two of those players, I have admired over the past year are Anthony Marion and Mickael Goudemand. Both players are great team players with really good core skills, vision and leadership qualities.

Goudemand made his debut today for the Dragons scoring two tries and I would love to see much more of him in SL this season. Marion continues to play well for TO.

These are the guys along with Fages, Albert and Miloudi that will help France close the gap between them and the top three. That's potentially a really strong spine of a team that can develop in the next few years.

Walter sobchak

First Grade
People seem to rate the centre marguerite and prop sangre at Toulouse. Big things are also expected of fullback/winger brochon and halfback morgues.

Walter sobchak

First Grade
Really impressed with young giant Catalan prop Hugo salabio. He’s only 18/19 and is dominating the opposition packs with his strong hard runs. Takes about 3 of them to put him down.

If I’m being selfish I’d love to see a English super league side either Wigan or St. Helens sign him and really develop him because unfortunately the French kids don’t get a look in at the dragons unfortunately.