What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

France to tour NZ in 2015

ozenzud

Juniors
If they do, they should play Auckland, Wellington, Canterbury (south Island) and maybe Waikato, NZ Residents and one test v Kiwis.

That would be great for the local comps. Players would line up for provincial teams and the chance to play France, great for France as well.

RHCP

Bench
It would be fantastic if this could open the door for an English tour to Australia in the same post-season period.

PARRA_FAN

Coach
I can't read French but from what I can make out it all appears pretty positive.

France once were the #4 ranked country in the world. They have slipped a little from those days.

A tour to Australia wouldn't be a bad idea either.

Yes even if its a one off test against Australia, that would be good.

Aside from 2008, I dont think theyve played in Australia in almost 20 years.

ParraEelsNRL

Referee
For those having trouble translating.

Google being used, so don't blame me ;-)

Kiwis in 2015, the 4 Nations in 2016

And finally if the French brand manufactures, that was it: a perfect defense, a mind of steel, solidarity foolproof. History wring the neck of this chimera what the french flair, the original definition is to gargle a test of 100 meters after a soporific match. "Now we just need a few more details, provides three-quarters center Jean-Philippe Baile. Was held a candle to New Zealand and England, values ​​and company level. Now we must show more discipline with the ball to take the big matches. " So much for the form. It remains to define a guideline for the next World Ballroom (in 4 years?) Provided at the other end of the world (New Zealand, Australia, Papua New Guinea or South Africa). And attempt to reduce the gap with only twenty of professional players in the hand against nations who have 200 each. The President of the FFR XIII, Carlos Zalduendo has already devised a plan works:.. "We should soon finalize the tour of New Zealand in 2015 then we will make sure to return the Four Nations in 2016 and finally it will be time to tackle the next World Cup. But there is no question of stopping the construction of what we are trying to build, and start from scratch again. " A much more affordable shared between the popular success of the territory Roosters president and regret "quarterfinal against Fiji," who escaped XIII of France, following the defeat to Samoa. But a boss in lucid speech. "I do not want to meet me 30 points against England." And must, in turn, draw lessons and balance with all actors 'Federation'. Including Richard Agar, probably gone to stay at the head of a selection that finally looks to the future.

morningstar

Juniors
Confirmed and some more details in the NZ Herald over the weekend. 3 match tour and a test against the Kiwis...

http://www.nzherald.co.nz/league/news/article.cfm?c_id=79&objectid=11211774

France will tour New Zealand next year for the first time since 2001 and included in the proposed three-match tour will be a test against the Kiwis.

The Four Nations will be played in 2014 and 2016, with the next World Cup in Australia and New Zealand in 2017, meaning there's a gap in New Zealand's international calendar.

The NZRL is in discussions with Australia about an end-of-year test next year on top of the regular Anzac test, which is likely to be played in New Zealand, but France have accepted an invitation to tour here next year.

"There will definitely be a test against the Kiwis and the composition of the other two fixtures hasn't been determined yet," NZRL chief executive Phil Holden said.

The French last toured New Zealand in 2001 to celebrate the 50th anniversary of the first tour in 1951. The Kiwis won the only test 36-0 but France notched up wins over the South Island, Central Districts and Northern Districts.

France are ranked fourth in the world, but had a poor World Cup and were beaten 48-0 by the Kiwis in Avignon and then ousted by England 34-6 in the quarter-finals.