What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Frank Lampard 15 goals thread- 2014/2015

Jack_Napier

Staff member
Not sure how it gets funnier and funnier :/

Frank's a class act and its no suprise Pelligrini is keeping him a tad longer. Yanks don't kick off til march so makes plenty of sense.

Haffa

Good move by Mr Pellegrino. He needs someone to bother playing the ball instead of just kicking the opposition for 90 minutes. Especially at home when they're on the back foot.

Haffa

Not sure how it gets funnier and funnier :/
Small minds.

Frank's a class act and its no suprise Pelligrini is keeping him a tad longer. Yanks don't kick off til march so makes plenty of sense.
Yeah, they don't really need him for marketing, playing for City in the Premier League is just as good. They're going to go after Barkley because it's clear they lack a something in midfield Frank will fill the gap until he arrives.

Jack_Napier

Staff member
Guessing Sam thinks Frank playing for City is affecting you Chelsea lads. No doubt something to do with the weird "Lampard Vs Gerrard" battle a lot of pool and Chelsea fans go on with. Apart from being disappointed at dropping points due to his goal, I'm betting you and Jimbo are quite happy for him.

Gee Barkley will cost them a pretty penny no doubt. Toffees slapped a £50m price tag on him didn't they? Think Pellegrini would be dumb not to want to use franks experience In the champions league to citys advantage as well.

Jimbo

Immortal
Guessing Sam thinks Frank playing for City is affecting you Chelsea lads. No doubt something to do with the weird "Lampard Vs Gerrard" battle a lot of pool and Chelsea fans go on with. Apart from being disappointed at dropping points due to his goal, I'm betting you and Jimbo are quite happy for him.

I'm very happy for him. I'll be even happier for him if he takes a few more points off Arsenal in January

As I said elsewhere, I was always going to be happy with a draw v Citeh, so I'm not disappointed with his goal at all. If anything it gave him an opportunity to display his professionalism, and it gave the Chelsea fans an opportunity to remind him of the very high regard in which he is still held

I did find his post-match interview interesting. Did anyone notice how he still refers to Chelsea as "Chelsea" and Citeh as "this club?"

Sky blue shirt, royal blue blood...

Last edited:

saint.nick

Coach
I didn't see the interview because when the broadcast originally cut to Lampard for his interview, he was actually too emotional to talk and they needed the commentator to fill in time while he regained some composure. Unfortunately it took Lampard too long to regather himself before the the broadcast had to end.

Jack_Napier

Staff member
I'm very happy for him. I'll be even happier for him if he takes a few more points off Arsenal in January

As I said elsewhere, I was always going to be happy with a draw v Citeh, so I'm not disappointed with his goal at all. If anything it gave him an opportunity to display his professionalism, and it gave the Chelsea fans an opportunity to remind him of the very high regard in which he is still held

I did find his post-match interview interesting. Did anyone notice how he still refers to Chelsea as "Chelsea" and Citeh as "this club?"

Sky blue shirt, royal blue blood...

He's a consummate professional mate no doubt about it. It was telling after the game the amount of appreciation he gave back to the travelling Chelsea fans compared to the home fans. I bet not one city fan begrudges him for that either.

I only meant disappointed in the sense you guys were a few minutes away from all 3 points. Draw is definitly a result anyone would take coming away from the Etihad.

Haffa

It was the same for Wisey, Jimmy Floyd and Franco on their returns. But Frank was special by far the best player we've had at our club, certainly the best I've seen anyway. These guys gave their all for our cause and deserve whatever success they achieve in the future.

I was disappointed we conceded but not with Frank, my rage was directed at Shirley and Ivanovic for not picking up their players.

I used the example in the other thread around Dennis Law, he has a statue at United and he scored a goal for city which got them relegated.

Jack_Napier

Staff member
Milner gave Shirley a bath Haff, definite cause of the goal for mine. Wonder what Terry felt like lining up against frank.

I imagine its alot like how I felt when Fowler left us to play for Leeds, club legends that bleed our club's colours so only a fool would begrudge them any future success at all. We luckily got "God" back for a last hoorah tho :D

Jimbo

Immortal
He's a consummate professional mate no doubt about it. It was telling after the game the amount of appreciation he gave back to the travelling Chelsea fans compared to the home fans. I bet not one city fan begrudges him for that either.

A mate of mine (and Haff's) was in the front row. He basically made a beeline for the Chelsea fans as soon as the whistle went

Most of the Citeh fans would have just been celebrating their point, but I'm sure the rest would have understood what was going on

I only meant disappointed in the sense you guys were a few minutes away from all 3 points. Draw is definitly a result anyone would take coming away from the Etihad.

Yep, but I didn't mind dropping two points in those circumstances

I would have been disappointed if he'd bagged a second though :lol:

Jimbo

Immortal
It was the same for Wisey, Jimmy Floyd and Franco on their returns. But Frank was special by far the best player we've had at our club, certainly the best I've seen anyway. These guys gave their all for our cause and deserve whatever success they achieve in the future.

Spot on

That's a measure of the club as well as those players, and makes you even prouder to be blue

While less sophisticated fans of bottom-feeding clubs might abuse their former players and call them childish names like 'Judas,' former Chelsea players tend to be treated pretty well

Jack_Napier

Staff member
A mate of mine (and Haff's) was in the front row. He basically made a beeline for the Chelsea fans as soon as the whistle went

Most of the Citeh fans would have just been celebrating their point, but I'm sure the rest would have understood what was going on

Yep, but I didn't mind dropping two points in those circumstances

I would have been disappointed if he'd bagged a second though :lol:

Would've been interesting if that last shot he had wasnt blocked as well. Reckon the 2 commentators would've exploded :lol:

Latest posts