What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

frawely has to go

viking

Juniors
last night craig frawely was easily the worst player out there for us.for me this week against dogs chalk should replace frawely on the wing and zillman comes on to the bench.that would mean we would be a forward down on the bench but chalk could come off the wing and have a stint and maybe zillman could go to the wing.this would be the perfect time to bring in zilly as dogs wouldn't know much about him,and would add that spark that has been missing in the last few weeks:)

edabomb

First Grade
If Souths can easily exploit Chalk on the wing then I'd say the Dogs would be able to aswell. But I agree on Frawley, hes is completely hopeless. Getting dominated by Covell in general play :?

Walt Flanigan

Referee
He was ordinary but he's big enough to handle Utai who is going to be a real handful. I can't think of any other winger strong enough to keep him out. Chalk is a fair size but that game against Souths showed that his defence on the wing is lacking.

Timbo

Staff member
Howell is definitely our best defencive winger, probably on a par with Mogg (although Moggy shreds him offencively).

I'd back him home to contain Utai....But lacking that it has to be Frawley.

TiTTieS_[CNTDN]

Juniors
Perhaps the problem with Frawley is that he isn't very happy on the wing and would rather be in the centres (as is what he wanted when signing the contract)? Unhappy footballers play unhappy football - football which tends to be below par.

Walt Flanigan

Referee
Timbo said:
Howell is definitely our best defencive winger, probably on a par with Mogg (although Moggy shreds him offencively).

I'd back him home to contain Utai....But lacking that it has to be Frawley.

I agree, I think we'll miss him in this game. Maybe we can borrow Colin Best early?

aussies1st

Staff member
Must be another winger in PL. Frawley will get hammered against those bombs.

Big_Bad_Shark_Fan

First Grade
Give the man a break.
He had to mark Luke Covell, who has put to shame many wingers in the NRL this year.

Frawley joins a large group thats for sure.

Roy Rover

Juniors
He will definitely be targeted this Saturday night with bombs.
I'd like to see him dropped from the side but with Howell injured there's really no one to replace him.

SOULS 04

Juniors
the bulldogs arent exactly known for taking bombs either... esp on utais side... elmasri is quite handy under the bomb though and really can get a decent leap into the air.

raider_at_heart

Juniors
But he can take an absolute screamer at times like the storm game and he took one on the weekend.

And he will be on Utai's wing so expect some attacking bombs from Smith to his wing on saturday night, I like his chances.

dubby

Bench
Fair go guys, some of those bombs werent easy to take. I admit I was yelling at Frawley after each drop, but watching the replay yesterday I can admit they werent easy.
He did make a very good run in the first half, and looks threatening in broken play.

aussies1st

Staff member
Well if we lose to the Dogs in the last minute cause he dropped the bomb I'm sure you won't be giving him much slack.

edabomb

First Grade
dubby said:
Doesnt matter who it is mate, nobody would cut them any slack!

If it was Carney, Schif or Chalk it'd be Elliotts fault for not teaching them how to catch ;-)