What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Frawley out till round 11

Sydney_Raider

Juniors
This bloke must be made of balsa wood. Have no doubt he will be sent packing at the end of the year. Will be a bonus if Kelly, Irwin or Cross can step up to the mark this year as our current candidates for our backline have question marks on them particularly in defence. Hope we don't play the Rorters in to form, there outside backs could cut us to pieces. They would be mad not to take us on out wide, particularly in light of the fact that their forwards are so ordinary.

Macko8

Juniors
Its not a surprise actually

Ever since this pansy arrived in canberra his never looked like playing a game in FG,starting to get way beyond a joke.
Whats the record for the most injuries over what 3 years?? He can ask weyman that 1.

Get rid of frawley to free up some cap cash.

Macko8

Juniors
than maybe if that happens it will put us in a better position to buy a quality outside back.
Something we should of done at least 2 seasons back.

Chachi

Bench
Officially now our worst signing ever.

$220K (?) a season + $300K in hospital bills.

legend

Coach
We'll release him but I seriously dobut another team would risk signing him. He'll end up in the ESL IMO or the Qld Cup.

Roy Rover

Juniors
He might go to the Broncos or Titans for about 50k a season otherwise I think he should start thinking about an alternative career. He is now officially Canberra's worst ever signing.

julian87

Juniors
His money should mean we can afford Tate. Now wouldn't that be an infinitely better replacement on our roster.

dubby

Bench
Frawleys contract was laced with incentives. The figures you lot are assuming are not entirely accurate. It was a similar deal with TLL; earn SOO jersey etc get a bonus.

I am frustrated that you guys love Weyman despite his injury record yet despise Frawley and he has the same rotten luck. I know Horse has been able to overcome them slowly, but Craig should be given the same benefit of the doubt.

Frawley was a star in the making, everyone in QLD could see that. HOwever lady luck deserted him and ruined a promising career.

hrundi99

First Grade
dubby said:
Frawleys contract was laced with incentives. The figures you lot are assuming are not entirely accurate. It was a similar deal with TLL; earn SOO jersey etc get a bonus.

I am frustrated that you guys love Weyman despite his injury record yet despise Frawley and he has the same rotten luck. I know Horse has been able to overcome them slowly, but Craig should be given the same benefit of the doubt.

Frawley was a star in the making, everyone in QLD could see that. HOwever lady luck deserted him and ruined a promising career.

The problem with your theory is that Frawley hasn't shown enough when he has been fit, compared to Weyman.

He's only shown moments of quality instead of overall games.

Macko8

Juniors
Im pritty sure his only scored the one try for us over what 2-3 seasons and that was against the knights 2 years back.

Elliot tried to use him as a running forward last season which didnt work at all.
His offered nothing IMO.
But as soon as we release him and he goes elsewhere the better.

Bid for Tate

dubby

Bench
hrundi99 said:
The problem with your theory is that Frawley hasn't shown enough when he has been fit, compared to Weyman.

He's only shown moments of quality instead of overall games.

Lets put things into perspective.

Frawley is an outside back. He was never considered at centre as Elliot consistantly picked Howell and Graham ahead of him. We all know Howell was an Elliot favourite despite being a shocker of a centre.
So Elliot used Frawley as a utility. Much like Chalk. Didnt work. You play a bloke to his strength. Frawley is very quick. Why stick him in the ruck to get smashed?

Weyman is a forward. Big, mobile and strong. A typical prop. Elliots game plan revolved around a big mobile pack. TLL, Thommo, Weyman, Toots all suited this style. That is why Weyman, to a point, has shone a bit more. He got some game time, improved with each round (apart from a few) and seemed to overcome his injuries.

Frawley is an injury prone guy. I dont know why. He is a confidence player. I know he should put his head down and train his butt off to get into NRL, but it was harder for him to impress Elliot than Howell for example. Why? Elliot was good mates with Howells uncle for one. Yeah, thats a conspiracy theory for one but we all know Elliot had favourites. Usually the bash em up type of player, even Turtell is a no-frills sort who didnt do much but didnt stuff up either. Unlike wolf.

Anyway, I am a Frawley fan as you know. Been watching him since 03 and have had a soft spot for him since.

Maybe he is another talent gone to waste.....

Chachi

Bench
dubby said:

Yeah dubby, on one hand I agree with you, but on the other hand there were many games where Frawley got the call up to first grade and appeared to be totally disinterested in being out there. That may or may not have been just an "appearance" thing, but at least with Weyman you know he's putting his body on the line every times he steps out in our jersey (like Big Mal did when he went through his injury woes).

The horse has also publicly said that one day he'd like to captain this club - he's green through and through, whereas I'm guessing Frawley would be happy to go home.

I'm totally disappointed with (and for) Frawley. He has honestly shown glimpses of true class and at his best I honestly thought he could have been the missing piece of our puzzle - but after a disastrous 2 1/2 years the time has come to let him go.

edabomb

First Grade
Frawley has gotten a heap of chances, I don't agree with you at all Dubby. When fit in 2005 he generally got a starting spot on the wing or centre, but never made anything of it. I have more time for blokes that get involved but stuff up a bit (Boogs, Howell), than I do for guys that just stand off the ball.