What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

FRC Baby Blues vs Bulls

aussies1st

Staff member
Birdy on fire yet again, he must be next in line behind Geeves for an ODI spot.

lockyno1

Post Whore
Birdy on fire yet again, he must be next in line behind Geeves for an ODI spot.

Hilfenhaus, Noffke, Tait..would be in front at least, plus a few I have forgotten I am sure. I do have a few questions on his action though.

aussies1st

Staff member
Hilfenhaus, Noffke, Tait..would be in front at least, plus a few I have forgotten I am sure. I do have a few questions on his action though.

Forget Noffke he sucks in the shorter form of the game. Hilfy is more a FC bowler. Tait I'd give you but hes not the leading wicket taker in the FRC!

lockyno1

Post Whore
All will be picked ahead of Bird, the old saying of one game does not make a career. He has got to get his economy rate down. I do rate Tait, Hilfenhaus, Ryan Harris (knew there was one I forgot and Noffke (purely for all-round ability, more in terms of ODI's.

aussies1st

Staff member
One game? LOL, he had 9 wickets in 3 matches while Tait has 10 wickets in 4 matches. Now he has 14 in 4 matches and easily the leading wicket taker. He also is handy with the bat so that matches Noffke "all round" ability not to mention the fact he has 12 more wickets than Noffke! And economy, ummm Tait is going at 4.76 while Bird is at 4.58....

lockyno1

Post Whore
He is still expensive, 4.5 an over is expensive in domestic cricket. Tait has the runs on the ball at International level. I rate Harris over Noffke anyway, and there was a reason Harris was picked in the 20/20, he is a good limited overs bowler with solid stats. Whilst Bird has been decent, lets see how he is in 12 months at least. He needs to prove himself a bit longer.

simmo1

First Grade
Who do you think international batsmen would rather face: Bird or Tait? Pretty obvious answer imo.

Bird might be getting wickets in FRC, but I just can't see him being a success at international level. Tait however could become one of the best strike bowlers in the game (at least at OD level), especially if he can straighten up his line a bit.

aussies1st

Staff member
I'd take Tait over Bird and maybe Hilfy but that's it. Anyone with an inswinging yorker that Bird has will always be a threat at the next level so I can see him making the step up.

Twizzle

Administrator
Staff member
gee the baby Blues are showing some inexperience, some of their batsmen must think they are chasing 300

great innings from Smith and Hughes, still both teenagers and great bowling from Bird

I gotta say that I really think the Bulls skipper is handing the game to the baby Blues, the pitch is doing plenty and he's hardly had a slip all day, all he's tried top do is contain and if you only have about 180 runs you must bowl the opposition out and that would have been easy enough to do on this pitch

very poor captaincy imo

aussies1st

Staff member
Maybe, but as I said (and I have been reasonable) lets come back to him in 12 months.

Well he'll probably get that anyway since Geeves and Tait are in front of him.

Don't know why we played O'Keefe instead of a batter, I have little confidence in D Smith as a batter. Should have got Khawaja in there.

Last edited: