What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

FRC: QLD V NSW Brisbane Dec 9 2009

TheParraboy

Staff member
Blues need a win badly in this competition, will be tough QLd coming first

NSW near dead last

Points Table
Teams Mat Won Lost Tied N/R Pts Net RR
Queensland 6 5 1 0 0 21 +0.498
Victoria 5 3 2 0 0 13 +0.455
Western Aust 6 3 3 0 0 13 -0.104
Tasmania 6 3 3 0 0 12 +0.203
NSW 4 1 3 0 0 5 -0.561
South Aust 5 1 4 0 0 4 -0.859

TheParraboy

Staff member
NSW 1/11 in the 3rd over

Jaques out for 8

Warner batting down the middle order it appears

beads6

First Grade
Steve Smith should get a run for the Aussies in the ODI;S this summer surely. If not he must be knocking the door down. Best young all rounder in the country by a country mile.

aussies1st

Staff member
Warner made sure of it by taking apart Rimmington. Did the damage. Smith can play anywhere as he was previously an opener and hes more than capable of playing as a bowler only.

willvillain

Juniors
Steve Smith should get a run for the Aussies in the ODI;S this summer surely. If not he must be knocking the door down. Best young all rounder in the country by a country mile.

He played a good knock tonight, but that's a big call. I wouldn't say he is the best young all-rounder in the Blues lineup yet! He's had two good games with the bat, and he's improving with the ball but I'd have 22-year-old Henriques ahead of him in that particular category at this stage.

Chucking him into the Aussie team might be a bit premature. Maybe get him in as 12th man or something, get him used to the surroundings but he ain't ready for international cricket....

Certainly played well tonight though. Gotta say I thought the game had slipped away, but when Rohrer got out you just got the feeling that Warner would heat it up and the win was on its way.

hineyrulz

Post Whore
Smith is an absolute gun, but another 12 months of playing for Blues would serve him well.

beads6

First Grade
He played a good knock tonight, but that's a big call. I wouldn't say he is the best young all-rounder in the Blues lineup yet! He's had two good games with the bat, and he's improving with the ball but I'd have 22-year-old Henriques ahead of him in that particular category at this stage.

Chucking him into the Aussie team might be a bit premature. Maybe get him in as 12th man or something, get him used to the surroundings but he ain't ready for international cricket....

Certainly played well tonight though. Gotta say I thought the game had slipped away, but when Rohrer got out you just got the feeling that Warner would heat it up and the win was on its way.

Smith has already doen more then Henriques and he has only been around for a couple of seasons whilsts Moises has been in the side since he was 18.

I'd give him a game in the ODI'S to see how he goes, the more games he gets before the next world cup the better IMO.

Twizzle

Administrator
Staff member
put them both in the Aussie team although Smith's form is better atm

Latest posts