What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Free Agency Auction

Status
Not open for further replies.

zombie jesus

Staff member
The addition of Rodney McLeod for Haynesville Dreamweavers takes their cap number over the $200k limit.

@Sans Souci Sainter has til 8:30pm Monday to get the roster fixed up. $2000 cap penalty per day after that if it's not.

nick87

Coach
Haha no tanking but I expect the joe Williams and Mixon picks to take a year to really materialise

Reggie Nelson DB OAK - 1 year

zombie jesus

Staff member
Seems that everyone is getting close to full, should be able to end this auction sometime this week the way it is fizzling out.

Once this is over we are done with the off-season activities, it went by very quickly, we can adjust next year and start everything a much later.

Blind bid waivers will start when the auction ends, they'll run once a week right up until the season starts. That will be the only way to add players between now and week 1 unless you figure out a trade. There are no first come, first serve waivers until after the week 1 games.

Cap hits will change from then as well, 100% guarantees will be gone for 2017 adds and every player will be back to the standard 20% x Years formula. Cap penalties will also get applied over 2 years once the auction is done, 20% this season and 80% next season. So if you have a 2016 player to jettison and have cap room to take the hit I would suggest doing it soon to save your 2018 cap space.

Haynesville's GM is under the spotlight.

Some rushed decisions impacting future cap is exposing this green-horn's flukey first year for what it was. :fearful:

md384

Juniors
Apologies for the delay, been away all weekend.

Kenny Britt - 1 year.
Dee Ford - 2 years.
Malcolm Smith - 2 years.

I was ripping my hair out every time you one upped me!! Haha

I should've kept going. That's still cheap for Mariota.

I had my finger in too many pies and took my eyes off the the prize. I could've cleared the decks to get him but I'm still rooted if o know how the cap penalties work.

Anyhoo, good get. I really like him and can see a massive year ahead of him. :thumbsup:

nick87

Coach
Yeah I kind of backed myself into a corner
I should have got Mariota and then moved Luck, but it worked out in the end haha

I've got $13k of dead money too, that's enough for a pretty good player on the market next year, or to help me swing a trade

Last edited:

Mjp81

Juniors
Darren Sproles RB - 1 year
Daryl Worly CB - 3 years

Thats me done. Now it's time to sit back and watch the off season hype trains roll into the station. Great auction fellas. I don't mind the early start and finish. Gives us a freshen up before the season starts, plus it also brings injuries into play at training camp and pre season.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts