What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Free Agency Auction

Status
Not open for further replies.

zombie jesus

Staff member
Apologies for the delay, been away all weekend.

Kenny Britt - 1 year.
Dee Ford - 2 years.
Malcolm Smith - 2 years.
Marcus Mariota 5 years
1 year Kyle Williams & Derrick Johnson
Darren Sproles RB - 1 year
Daryl Worly CB - 3 years

Thats me done. Now it's time to sit back and watch the off season hype trains roll into the station. Great auction fellas. I don't mind the early start and finish. Gives us a freshen up before the season starts, plus it also brings injuries into play at training camp and pre season.
Terrance West RB BAL 1 ytear
Tanoh Kpassagnon DE KC 2 years
Updated.

zombie jesus

Staff member
Gronk Spiked Punch with the last gasp nomination. Auction will continue through til Friday morning at least.

kurt faulk

Coach

I concur, great set up.

Just one question, how did Sam Bradford get an extra year on his contract?

zombie jesus

Staff member

I concur, great set up.

Just one question, how did Sam Bradford get an extra year on his contract?

Fixed it up, which means I might have missed someone at some point.

Good reminder for everyone to check I've updated years correctly.

zombie jesus

Staff member
With the addition of Dont'a Hightower Gronk Spiked Punch is over the 35-man limit.

@AusKnightRKO has until 6:45am Sunday to adjust his roster before penalties kick in. 100% cap penalty applies for 2017 adds.

zombie jesus

Staff member
The auction has ended. Blind bidding is open.

The first run of waivers will process at 10pm on Wednesday night and then every Wednesday night until the season kicks off.

This is the only way of adding players, there is no first come, first serve waivers until the we're into the actual season.

I have placed the blind bidding box on the league home page, just click on No pending blind bids - you may enter them now. From there you select a player and the blind bid options will generate at the bottom of the page, enter your bid amount. You can just add players or you can choose to make a corresponding drop. Once you're done hit submit. Check the Current Waiver Claims box to be sure it's saved.

If you win a player you can assign years, just post in the Roster Moves thread, maximum 5 years. You have 48 hours to assign years or it defaults to 1.

All players can now be dropped at the in-season rate, that includes 2017 adds. So any player you drop from here on out will attract a penalty of 20% of the salary multiplied by years, so...

0.2 x salary x years

John Smith has a 2 year contract at $5000, his cap penalty is
0.2 x 5000 x 2 = 2000

This penalty then gets distributed over the cureent season and next season 20/80, so...
Cap penalty x 0.2 = cap hit to current year salary
Cap penalty x 0.8 = cap hit applied and carried over to 2018 season

For the above example $400 would be applied to the 2017 salary cap and $1600 would be carried over to 2018.

Any drops need to be posted in the roster moves thread so I can adjust the salary cap penalty. The league site will automatically charge the full cap hit to the current year, I need to manually adjust this for each drop.

Mjp81

Juniors
DeAndre Washington - 1 year.

Also, there appears to be some sort of bug affecting the salaries of my players. I have a lot of players whose contracts are down as $1000 but should be much higher. It is like almost any player I have recently purchased has reverted back to $1000???

kurt faulk

Coach
DeAndre Washington - 1 year.

Also, there appears to be some sort of bug affecting the salaries of my players. I have a lot of players whose contracts are down as $1000 but should be much higher. It is like almost any player I have recently purchased has reverted back to $1000???

shhhhhhh....

zombie jesus

Staff member
I'm not sure what happened. I reset all FAs to the default contract and either I screwed it up or the site is buggy. It didn't apply to all players won in the auction from what I can tell.

I've restored salaries manually but years were affected on some but not others, I'll go through that next week and fix it up.

Mjp81

Juniors
I'm not sure what happened. I reset all FAs to the default contract and either I screwed it up or the site is buggy. It didn't apply to all players won in the auction from what I can tell.

I've restored salaries manually but years were affected on some but not others, I'll go through that next week and fix it up.
I still have Allen Robinson as $1000. Needs to be $14,000. Not sure how many any other teams have errors still, but this was a player I renegotiated, so maybe that's why he was missed???

zombie jesus

Staff member
I still have Allen Robinson as $1000. Needs to be $14,000. Not sure how many any other teams have errors still, but this was a player I renegotiated, so maybe that's why he was missed???
Should be right now, found a back up of all the rosters and cross checked manually. Let me know if anything else needs fixing.

Status
Not open for further replies.