1. Out Now:

Here it is - the latest edition of The Front Row, our exclusive online e-magazine with a full wrap on last weekend's NRL and Super League along with the match programme for the coming round!

This week Paul Jobber looks at the sacrifices made by the NZ Warriors as they prepare to head home after many long months keeping the NRL afloat by relocating to Australia, while Rob Crosby looks at the departing and retiring class of 2020 as many players make their exits. Rick's weekly finals column peaks with rankings of the top eight forward packs headed into the pointy end of the season.

Add to that all the regular features you've come to expect - a full NRL Round 20, Super League Round 13 and Netherlands-Germany programme - and you have one fantastic 50-page magazine for your weekend's reading!

EDITION 18 - OUT NOW!

Guest, click here to read online or download your free PDF copy

Free Agency

Discussion in 'NFL' started by Raider_69, Mar 10, 2013.

1. Raider_69

Raider_69 Post Whore

OK peeps.
    We're 2 days away from opening up...

who do you want? who dont you want? and what do you want to get out of this FA period?

For the eagles i want an OT or OG. Someone like Eric Winston to play RT, we can kick Herremans to RG and our line looks great, so long as Jason Peters is back.

I want Dashon Goldson, we need a safety and he's as good as it gets. We cant go in another year with this secondary

I want a CB and i dont want it to be DRC. A sure tackling CB like Sean Smith would be awesome. Nnamdi needs to restructure

I dont want the big name offensive weapons, Bush, Wallace, Welker... wasted cap money and we've been the FA champions, and it didnt pan out for us. I want guys that are high charactor, no nonsense footballers

If the eagles can nab a CB, OL and S in this free agency, it opens the draft right up for them. We can take a tackle @ #4 or a stud OLB.

2. abpanther

abpanther Moderator Staff Member

Be careful what you wish for

Goldson is seeking to be the highest paying safety in the league, $8 million per season he's asking for.

He's good, but he ain't that good. Hard hitting safety with range, but he does gamble a lot and takes bad angles at times. 49ers offered him $7 million per season last year and he declined it.

This draft class is deep at safety IMO

3. zombie jesus

zombie jesus Moderator Staff Member

Steelers don't have cap room and are never too active anyway, might pick up some depth on minimal contracts once all the big names get snapped up. Hope to hold on to Keenan Lewis and Ramon Foster, probably 50/50 chance for both.

4. pennywisealfie

pennywisealfie Coach

noone, especially not someone for big dollars. our goal has to be working towards getting rid of this salary cap mess while drafting really well.

5. zombie jesus

Wrong thread... Go Stillers!

Last edited: Mar 11, 2013
  6. one tree hill

one tree hill Juniors

Take Goldshon off our hands please, i'd rather someone who can also cover rather than just deliver big hits.

7. Hoekstra

Hoekstra Juniors

For the Browns I wouldn't mind getting DE Cliff Avril.

Martellus Bennett or any decent veteran tight end.

We need a decent veteran corner or two as well. Seems to be quite a few around in FA.

8. DC_fan

DC_fan Coach

The Cowboys don't have the cap space to have a big shopping list. I think they will look for depth at a few positions.

9. kurt faulk

kurt faulk Coach

10. Tom155

Tom155 Coach

Broncos & Falcons battling it out for Steven Jackson's signature

11. dogslife

dogslife Coach

I'd be happy to get him as long as we don't pay him the money I think he thinks he's entitled to

12. Raider_69

Raider_69 Post Whore

Amendola is not the type of reciever i want tbh
    but ill trust chip to know what kind of guys will fit the system he plans to run

13. legend

legend Coach

If Stokley retires I'd love to have Amendola in the slot or even Welker but the chances of that happening are remote.

Boldin was just traded to the 49er's for a sixth round pick. Good pick up for San Fran. I thought he was worth more than that.

The NFC West is going to be a lot tougher next season, with the Seahawks and Niners looking very tough already.

14. zombie jesus

One down! Foster re-signed according to Schefter, great news, now to wait and see what happens with Willie Colon, it's either a pay cut or be cut.

15. abpanther

abpanther Moderator Staff Member

Reports that 49ers will go after Ed Reed and Sean Smith.

I think if we sign Smith, Carlos Rogers will be released

16. DC_fan

DC_fan Coach

Seriously whats with the 49ers wanting all the old timers from the Ravens?

Redd will be 35 come this season.

17. one tree hill

one tree hill Juniors

Nothing wrong with having players who know how to win on your roster.

NFC West just keeps getting stronger

18. zombie jesus

Niners are clearly in their SB window, they have some great young players on small contracts so they can't go out and get guys long term, it will just bite them on the arse later, adding quality vets is the best way to win a SB now and keep the nucleus of their side together long term.

19. B-Hard

B-Hard Juniors

It's hard to question his decisions atm when we have nfi what system he'll run. Look forward to when we all no his ideas.

20. DC_fan

DC_fan Coach

And older.