What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Free Agency

dogslife

Coach
Reports that 49ers will go after Ed Reed and Sean Smith.

I think if we sign Smith, Carlos Rogers will be released
Where are the Niners getting all this cap space from?

Most reports I've seen have them in the $3-5 million under the cap range. I realise you can probably take these with a grain of salt, but I doubt Ed Reed will play for peanuts, they just got Anquan Boldin, and even after trading away, they've still got a shit ton of draft picks who I doubt will play for free

abpanther

Staff member
Man Kruger and Wallace got insane money, not sure that either is worth that much.

49ers have lost Delanie Walker (Titans) and Isaac Sopoaga (Eagles), Ricky Jean Francois and Dashon Goldson have visits scheduled.

I expected to lose them all, particularly how much they've gotten I'm ok with the decision. Walker will be a loss though

zombie jesus

Staff member
Dolphins were seen as big winners a few years ago when they got Marshall and Dansby, that worked out well... History repeating?

Honestly hope Wallace has a great year so the Steelers get a nice comp. draft pick.

Raider_69

Post Whore
eagles have made some moves, but nothing major aside from Isaac Sopoaga who gives us a true run stuffing NT, and allows us to not have to address this spot in the draft unless we covet a guy

Bradley Fletcher - Rams CB: meh
Patrick Chung - Patriots S: if he stays healthy, it will be good at the very least a nice depth peice
Jason Phillips - Panthers LB: Special teamer, an area we do need some help in

Raider_69

Post Whore
James Casey is a nice signing too for the offense, should give us some variation in the red zone and help suppliment Brent Celek at TE

ggmu

Juniors
Happy with the pick up of Canty for the Ravens. Adds depth on the DL for a good price. Hope we keep Reed.would have liked to have kept Ellerbe but ilb's can be replaced.

zombie jesus

Staff member
Patriots will need to make a move to replenish their receiving group you would think? Cruz has a first round tender attached.

legend

Coach
Broncos definitely the favourites in the AFC after getting Welker, Vasquez and Knighton.

A good draft for CB, WR and RB will do me just fine.

abpanther

Staff member
I really like what we're doing so far, not throwing money around on big FA targets, a philosophy that very rarely plays out. Instead, we're trusting in our schemes and like good coaches in the past (Walsh), picking up nice cheaper options to fulfill a specific role.

Dorsey + Williams = Sopoaga + RJF but at a much cheaper price, they will only be playing on obvious running downs anyway, no need to heavily invest at that position.
Delmas is only 25 and has been a pro bowl alternate, plenty of upside there if we can sign him to a $3-$4m per year contract with incentives, plus draft another safety to groom.

The money being thrown around is mind boggling, I mean $5.5m per year for RJF? The guy is an average starter at best.

If we can finish up with Boldin, Dorsey, Delmas and Asomugha I'd be very happy.

Something tells me that Asomugha will be productive back in the bay area.

Also, we will be getting a nice boatload of compensatory picks next year

DC_fan

Coach
I am sitting here patiently waiting for the Cowboys to make their first free agent signing. I suspect it will come soon.

First of all they need some cap room.

Big Mick

Referee
Ab, you forgot you also have Charles Woodson in the building as well.

Your secondary could be:

Nnamdi - Delmas - Woodson - Brown/Rogers

On top of that with Dorsey coming in maybe the 49ers will incorporate some 4-3 looks this year. Dorsey is actually a very good player who was forced to put on weight to fit into a 3-4 initially with KC. When he was a 4-3 DT he was actually productive in his rookie year.

Raider_69

Post Whore
Eagles still have around 17 million in the cap.
Some more to come from the Philly, enough for one reasonably big name

A lot of talk about the eagles wasting money but all their deals have been extremely team friendly. Even Barwin, once you break down the deal its essentially a

I could see DE Matt Shaughnessy, and OG Brandon Moore coming in. Maybe a WR... Could be time to part ways with Mmerkint, Johnson and Avant... I suspect in the draft Chip will bring in some offensive projects he likes. Mid and late round, as well as UDFA. Early we'll go D and OL.

DC_fan

Coach
Elvis Dumervill agreed to reduce his salary and will stay a Bronco.

For 2013 his salary was cut from $12 million to $8 million. His deal includes a $3.5 million guarantee on the second day of the league year in 2014.

The Lions re-sign Louis Delmas on a 2 years $9.465 million deal.

Last edited:

Big Mick

Referee
NOT SO FAST!

Dumervill's agent did not submit the paperwork in time, by 2pm and he was as such released creating $3.87m in DEAD MONEY on the cap.

As such it is anticipated he will not be able to be re-signed.

Dwight Freeney favourite now

zombie jesus

Staff member
Broncos have done a lot of good lately, this is not part of that.

Emmanuel Sanders, a RFA, visiting New England, he'll cost them a third if they want him.

legend

Coach
Elway is furious with Dumervil and his agent. Will be interesting to see what happens next. Freeney will be next to sign IMO and Dumervil will have to accept a further cut with another team. Would be funny if it was NE.

gronkathon

First Grade
Eagles traded at 6th rounder (Eagles get the Bucs 7th rounder) and a conditional 2014 pick for Arrelious Benn

Last edited: