What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

free parking around the ANZ stadium area?

Pierced Soul

First Grade
Is there any free parking near ANZ stadium? i know if walk 20-30mins i can park on the other side of parra rd, but is there anywhere else closer and doesnt cost money?

Danish

Referee
I park on Underwood Rd, but that isn't exactly closer than parking the other side of parra.

On monday night or saturday night games I usually just find a park around the Commbank building. Don't know if you can park there legally but I've never got a ticket so thats good enough for me.

Mr_Raditch

Juniors
Wing Parade Newington, 5 min walk. If its full there, head up into Newington business area. Look on Avenue of Americas, there is parking in the business estates, these will be closed on weekends but one of them does not have a gate. Dont park in the Woolworths carpark as it is now pay parking, the first 2hrs is free then you are charged after that. That said, it is much cheaper than parking at the stadium. There is also plenty of street parking in the Newington residential area. You would be looking at a 10min walk max.

eggchaser

Juniors
Depends where you're coming from, like Danish said Underwood road is about 25 mins walk there's usually spaces available.
Not sure about the other side of ANZ though.

Fein

First Grade
Why did you post that link Fein?

I'm new to NRL and new to Australia in general (emigrated here recently from the UK).
Now the NRL has got under way i'm quite enjoying it and went to my 1st game today (Eels vs Rabbitohs).

New, new and new but the "knowledge" of a London Cabbie. :cool:

eggchaser

Juniors
What the hell you on about.

I live in North Strathfield, just off Underwood Road, i have lived here for 6 months so I know how good the parking is round here.

Doesn't take living somewhere for years to know that.

Bellend.

Fein

First Grade
What the hell you on about.

I live in North Strathfield, just off Underwood Road, i have lived here for 6 months so I know how good the parking is round here.

Doesn't take living somewhere for years to know that.

Bellend.

:lol::lol:

Love it!!

eggchaser

Juniors
I have no idea what the f**k you're on about.

Are you saying as i have only recently moved here i don't know what parking is like near my house?

Please explain.

Last edited:

Dogs Of War

Coach
You can park at Mason Park across the road from DFO, about a 15min walk to the ground. You can park near Bicentennial Park entrance near Concord station for another 15min walk. If you want closer I have parked in visitors parking spots at some of the businesses before. The Newington one above is good as well.

Or just catch the train and park at any railway station as it's free travel.

roofromoz

First Grade
Depending on what side I'm coming from (Homebush Bay Drive), I'll either park at Newington shops or near Concord West railway station. The latter is a much longer walk though.

Danish

Referee
I work at newington these days so park at my office. That gets locked up so not viable for general use, but there is a decent amount of street parking as well as mentioned above.

Basically around newington shops and a few side streets in that area.

You could try your luck in the residential areas of newington as well. Not on the street (the council are apparently sticklers for tickets) but a fair few of the buildings have visitors spots which generally aren't always full. Not exactly kosher I suppose but as if anyone would know (just keep your jersey covered in case you are spotted getting out of the car)

cleary89

Coach
I use birnie ave. 15 min walk, always parking there and living down south it's real easy to get out and go home.