What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

French RL really up against it

Paley

Juniors
No we can't dismiss Union, Union always prospers where fascism takes root.

Mussolini's Italy, Ceacescu's Romania, Vichy France, Apartheid South Africa.

All progressive minds should be vigilant and attempt to stamp outagainst fascism, and with that Union should disappear.

Salazar's Portugal and Franco's Spain were also seized upon by union as regimes they could do business with.

Sam_the_man

First Grade
I don't understand why he is allowed continued access to this part of the site. He hates league and surely has no interest what so ever in international league.

manoj p

Juniors
Let me say I for one think SteveM is doing a great job defending union's constant relations with despots.

Kurt Angle

First Grade
I also believe Idi Amin played Union when he studied in the UK.

It's quite telling that a bloke who had never seen RU before, sees it for the first time, talks to the fans, immerses himself in th culture and says "This is the game for people like me".

That he subsequently went on to persecute racial minorities and commit all sorts of attrocities seems more than a coincidence.

Paley

Juniors
I also believe Idi Amin played Union when he studied in the UK.

It's quite telling that a bloke who had never seen RU before, sees it for the first time, talks to the fans, immerses himself in th culture and says "This is the game for people like me".

That he subsequently went on to persecute racial minorities and commit all sorts of attrocities seems more than a coincidence.

Not forgetting Mussolini who saw union as the ideal medium with which to promote fascism - unfortunately for him the Italian public didn't give a toss about union so he eventually dropped the idea.

ParraEelsNRL

Referee
I don't understand why he is allowed continued access to this part of the site. He hates league and surely has no interest what so ever in international league.

Naaa, he does a very good job in promoting the French game to the RL fans in the Southern Hemisphere who have no idea it exists.

Pity he doesn't bring a few more of his type across, though, to do that, he'd have to get a few friends first.