What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

French RL really up against it

russ13

First Grade
http://www.couriermail.com.au/ipad/the-ear-move-to-prevent-crowding/story-fn6ck6i3-1226025054835

THE Courier-Mail's chief rugby league writer Steve Ricketts will deliver the second annual Harry Sunderland Memorial Address at Suncorp Stadium on April 9. His address, The French Connection, marks the 60th anniversary of the first French tour to Australia. Ricketts said it would be relative to league today and not just buried in nostalgia. It will be preceded by a video presentation and interviews with former Test players Mick Crocker, Pat McMahon and Lionel Morgan. 4TAB's John McCoy conducts the interviews. Free entry but contact the QRL on 3367 3464 or rugbyleague@qrl.com.au to book.

ParraEelsNRL

Referee
http://www.couriermail.com.au/ipad/the-ear-move-to-prevent-crowding/story-fn6ck6i3-1226025054835

THE Courier-Mail's chief rugby league writer Steve Ricketts will deliver the second annual Harry Sunderland Memorial Address at Suncorp Stadium on April 9. His address, The French Connection, marks the 60th anniversary of the first French tour to Australia. Ricketts said it would be relative to league today and not just buried in nostalgia. It will be preceded by a video presentation and interviews with former Test players Mick Crocker, Pat McMahon and Lionel Morgan. 4TAB's John McCoy conducts the interviews. Free entry but contact the QRL on 3367 3464 or rugbyleague@qrl.com.au to book.

Cheers russ.

If anyone goes to this, could you please get it on video or something and post it here?

I reckon there would be lots of fans wanting to see it.

russ13

First Grade
Oops, right speech, wrong contacts

THE Courier-Mail's Steve Ricketts looks the same as he did 35 years ago (The Ear March 21) but the mind is wandering. As we reported Steve will deliver the second annual Harry Sunderland Memorial Address at Suncorp Stadium on April 9. The speech is The French Connection and entry is free, including tea and scones. Register at email rugbyleague@qrl.com.au or by contacting 07 33676000. (We repeat it because Steve gave us some wrong contact details last week.)

Luc

Juniors
Not forgetting Mussolini who saw union as the ideal medium with which to promote fascism - unfortunately for him the Italian public didn't give a toss about union so he eventually dropped the idea.

No. Mussolini was even crazier. Tried to invent his own code called Volata.

There's an article on wikipedia about it (sorry, don't have enough posts to make the link)

There used to be a much better article floating around the internet, but I can't find it :(

ParraEelsNRL

Referee
http://www.theroar.com.au/2011/04/11/sports-broadcasting-conflict-in-australia/

Jaceman said | Today | Report comment

mattS is an NRL tragic who lives in a small world but can still travel to france to watch a third rate League game. Most NRL supporters appreciate other codes but mattS seems to know a lot about AFL and various stats and misuses them so frequently I fear he is an NRL official. BTW NRL has 10K players in France – Rugby Union has over 200K.

Steve M?

Naaa, not even he's that stupid is he?

So when's the media release coming out about the NRL playing in France, I wonder which local French team(s) will be joining the NRL? :lol::lol::lol:

kovana said | Today | Report comment

Sorry Matt.. Just which Competition does the Lezigan and Limoux teams belong to in France? I looked up the Top 14 and PROD2 rugby comps but couldnt find those 2.

lol, well we all know who this fruit-loop is.

Latest posts