What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Friday Night Football

The right time for Friday Night Football

• 7.30pm kickoff

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • 8.00pm kickoff

• 8.30pm kickoff

• Total voters

olympic park

Juniors
i would think 8pm but the TV coverage still to start at 8.30 and do what the AFL do on Nein down here which is bulls#it on with yapping about specific player match-ups and pre-game interviews etc for nearly 30 mins - i dont care what time it starts - just so long as we get something to watch at a decent time in melbourne!!!

im getting fed up of seeing matches only after midnight!!

miccle

Bench
I can see both sides here, but the fact is - if we really want kids to be keen about going out to the footy and getting into it, it has to be kept as early as possible.

Front-Rower

First Grade
7:30pm kickoffs on Channel 9 would never happen. Lets face it no one goes to the football as it is now, a 7:30pm live kickoff would mean no one would go. Who in their right mind would go to a game when they could sit at home by the heater and watch the game live without having to worry about paying 4 bucks for a beer and 10 bucks for a pie and chips.

Surandy

Bench
Front-Rower said:
7:30pm kickoffs on Channel 9 would never happen. Lets face it no one goes to the football as it is now, a 7:30pm live kickoff would mean no one would go. Who in their right mind would go to a game when they could sit at home by the heater and watch the game live without having to worry about paying 4 bucks for a beer and 10 bucks for a pie and chips.

I would if it was a Storm home game. The best way to watch a game is LIVE and that means at the ground, it's the only way your team, the opposition and the refs have an actual chance of hearing you. Although the only ones that seem to take much notice is your own team.

Surandy

Steven Gerrard

First Grade
I'd go to the game just because it was on tv anyway....its heaps better being at the game with the atmosphere, and knowing it was live or on tv, i'd try and get on tv 8)

Ch9 will never show it live as they can't get as many ads in as they can when they drag it out for 2 and half hours like they did last season 8:30-11pm.
I wait til 11pm and watch the ad free replay on Fox.