What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

From sugar to S*&t

Which club has the worst habit of turning new recruits into garbage?

No club has done it more frequently than Souths.

I cannot think of one souths recruit in recent history who has played their best footy for South Sydney.

Their closest would be Luke Stuart, but he was pretty solid at Cronulla too.

Cowboys, Antonio Kafusi, Willy Tonga spring to mind to a lesser extend Manus Manokofa and a few others.

_Johnsy

Referee
woohooo

Handbags and red nails @ 10 paces for the roosters & bunny fans. Should make for some good entertainment.

Vic Mackey

Referee
i think myles and roberts were fine at the roosters

myles was actually great this year

roberts played for them during their sh*t years yet constantly shone

We've had worst recruits than that Moffo.
:lol:
Poor Moffo.
Mason and O'Meley were pretty good in 2008 as well.
I don't regret having a single one of those players at the club.

Paullyboy

Coach
Neville Costigan at the Raiders. I hate everything about that punk (having said that, I always did) and wish the games he played for the Raiders could be stricken from all official record books.

Aaron_sfas

Juniors
lol. i find it funny how people seem to think souths is a bad environment for dave taylor.

for one, he is surrounded by a great mix of experience and youth (players in a similar position to him). add to that he has an experienced coach with a good record. and add to that that he has gordon tallis as a forwards mentor. what more could a young player ask for?

Fein

First Grade
lol. i find it funny how people seem to think souths is a bad environment for dave taylor.

for one, he is surrounded by a great mix of experience and youth (players in a similar position to him). add to that he has an experienced coach with a good record. and add to that that he has gordon tallis as a forwards mentor. what more could a young player ask for?

The best young forward in the world to partner him in the second row? :D

Vossy

Bench
sharks are terrible as well.

Maitua - already turned to sh!t before coming to us
Seymour - was a nobody before he came to us
Albert - well past it before he game to us
Hannay - indeed but he didnt fight to get his career back like seymour
Vagana - Kimmorley ruined him
Lomu - was a nobody, still is a nobody
etc
etc
etc

jc155776

Coach
What about the Broncos?

Motu Tony, Joel Clinton....

I know there are others. They chrun out great players but a lot of their recruits never seem to fire.

Mr Saab

Referee
Clinton was a bust....motu was never interested at the Broncos and pissed off overseas

jc155776

Coach
Clinton was a bust....motu was never interested at the Broncos and pissed off overseas

I remember he was bought to play fullback.

In the first game of the season the Donkeys unveiled a 17 year old kid instead.

He went alright.

NAS

Juniors
Roy Asotasi, Adam McDouggall, Bryan Fletcher, Dean Widders, Tim Brasher....

Asotasi had a great 2007, and a decent 2009 if you look at stats, he was actually the 2nd best prop all year, up to the point of his injury (Luke Douglas actually had the best stats). His 08 was ruined by injury.

MacDougall was also good for souths when he was on the paddock reclaiming a country origin jersey. Fletcher got NSW and Aus call ups whilst at souths, whilst he had been overlooked the previous years at the roosters.

Brasher played for NSW whilst at souths as well.

Other players who "made" their careers" at souths include Ashley Harrison (who went backwards at the roosters, before finding his feet at the Titans), Mark Minichiello (who continued great form at the titans), David Faalogo (who repped for NZ), Paul Stringer (who played very well at souths, only to go to parramatta and struggle).

Widders certainly went backwards at souths, but every team has those. Adam Muir, Russell richardson and Shannon Hegarty all came to souths out of form and on the outer with their respective clubs.....Muir was out of form throughout his time with Norths....

If you ask me, the roosters are probably the team with the most disappointments........

Brett Finch- came to the roosters as the game's next great half. Left as the most maligned half in the game. He had some glimpses of form at Parramatta, before playing very well for Melbourne.

Ashley Harrison- came from souths an origin rep......two very bad seasons at the roosters........has since returned to form up at the titans.......

Joel Monaghan- came to the roosters from canberra with wraps.....did nothing at the roosters, went back to canberra.....now a fringe origin player.

Mark O'Meley- the game's best prop at the dogs. Disappointing at the roosters.

Willie Mason- I actually don't think he was that bad for the chooks, but the fact that they are willing to pay $300k plus to get rid of him speaks volumes doesn't it!!! I don't think anyone will argue with the fact that he was better at the dogs......

Glenn Hall- played ok for souths, before hooking up with the roosters and doing nothing.....back to form once he got to Manly........

Anasta I think has stagnated at the roosters.....no better, no worse than his dogs form, Roberts was down on form at the roosters when one compares his form at the panthers, but really still played pretty well in a bad side, Myles I think is a better player at the roosters than he was at the dogs.....

Eelementary

Post Whore
Other players who "made" their careers" at souths include Ashley Harrison (who went backwards at the roosters, before finding his feet at the Titans), Mark Minichiello (who continued great form at the titans), David Faalogo (who repped for NZ), Paul Stringer (who played very well at souths, only to go to parramatta and struggle).

Paul Stringer did anything but struggle at Parramatta. Who were you watching play? He was a huge reason we won the Minor Premiership that year. He only retired because of his back.

Rhino_NQ

Immortal
For along time the broncs weren't known for buying many players and preferred to unearth their own. Has changed in recent seasons when they have lost up to 5 players in the market and have had no other choice and although there may be a few duds (every club buys them) you can't really give them this title.

I would lean towards the roosters for this prize, firman, o'meley, monaghan and finch as hyped player signings

adamkungl

Immortal
rooters have a pretty good record as well

o'meley - was good in 08, too old
mason - good in 08, knee injury, wanker. According to dogs fans he was sh*t when he left anyway
anasta - lol, you idiot.
myles - played for aus
roberts - maybe

for starters

A far better example would have been Ash Harisson...