What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

From sugar to S*&t

Penance

Juniors
This is the dumbest thread. 1999-2006 we were rubbish, 2007 we made the finals, 2008 and abit of 2009 we were over coached. Now we have a premiership winning coach. Engine, do the roosters have a premiership winning coach? Yes/No

NAS

Juniors
Paul Stringer did anything but struggle at Parramatta. Who were you watching play? He was a huge reason we won the Minor Premiership that year. He only retired because of his back.

Sorry, what year did parramatta win the minor premiership with Stringer there??

Fletcher got NSW and Aus call ups whilst at souths, whilst he had been overlooked the previous years at the roosters.
Actually Fletcher had played every possible Origin match during his last four years with the Roosters.

Other players who "made" their careers" at souths include Ashley Harrison (who went backwards at the roosters, before finding his feet at the Titans), Mark Minichiello (who continued great form at the titans), David Faalogo (who repped for NZ), Paul Stringer (who played very well at souths, only to go to parramatta and struggle).
Harrison had good glimpses with us, Stringer was fantastic in his next stint with Parramatta, and hell, why is Fa'alogo being mentioned in this thread when he has only played for Souths?

Widders certainly went backwards at souths, but every team has those. Adam Muir, Russell richardson and Shannon Hegarty all came to souths out of form and on the outer with their respective clubs.....Muir was out of form throughout his time with Norths....
Actually, the Roosters still wanted Hegarty, and two days before signing with Souths, Hegarty pledged that he would stay and be loyal to the Roosters.

If you ask me, the roosters are probably the team with the most disappointments........

Brett Finch- came to the roosters as the game's next great half. Left as the most maligned half in the game. He had some glimpses of form at Parramatta, before playing very well for Melbourne.
2003 and 2004, yes he was riding of the success of Fittler, but he played damn well. Hey, you've been playing statistics, remember who came second place in the 2004 Dally M count?

2005 wasn't too bad, 2006 though, was the only time you could truly attack him during his stint here.

Ashley Harrison- came from souths an origin rep......two very bad seasons at the roosters........has since returned to form up at the titans.......
Fair enough, but, they weren't very bad, they were just average.

Joel Monaghan- came to the roosters from canberra with wraps.....did nothing at the roosters, went back to canberra.....now a fringe origin player.
Did nothing at the Roosters...um...you serious?

Mark O'Meley- the game's best prop at the dogs. Disappointing at the roosters.
O'Meley was great during 2008, just not last year.

Willie Mason- I actually don't think he was that bad for the chooks, but the fact that they are willing to pay $300k plus to get rid of him speaks volumes doesn't it!!! I don't think anyone will argue with the fact that he was better at the dogs......
Yes, his best years were at C'bury, but the knee reconstruction buggered up, he had some great games for us. Round 4, 2008 anybody?

Glenn Hall- played ok for souths, before hooking up with the roosters and doing nothing.....back to form once he got to Manly........
Hahahaha. We had him for one year, and you're saying he was a disappointment after "playing ok for Souths".

Anasta I think has stagnated at the roosters.....no better, no worse than his dogs form, Roberts was down on form at the roosters when one compares his form at the panthers, but really still played pretty well in a bad side, Myles I think is a better player at the roosters than he was at the dogs.....
His leadership is a damn sight better, he's been great here.
Roberts pretty well? Yes, he buggered a few tries, but he set up some great ones too.
Myles, definitely a better player nowadays.

miccle

Bench
Id like to be proven wrong, but i fear Dave Taylor is going to be the latest addition to that long list of potential stars going to Souths and turning into sh*t. He seems like the kind of guy who needs to be at a club like the Dragons or Bulldogs to keep him on the right track, clubs with strong discipline and a team culture.

Agreed. I think the Souths culture and club is on the way up again, but all Taylor has to his name is five decent matches, five thousand ego-inflating articles and a huge paycheck. Oh, and a move 1000km further away from his family.

I'm still pissed we let him go and still hope he does realise his potential for his, and South Sydney's, sake, but I'm not going to bank on it.

Doug2234

First Grade
I dont remember Luke Stuart doing much at the Sharks but f**k he has kicked on at the Bunnies...

No nonsence prop who plays his arse off week in week out isnt worried about breaking a nail.

As for Dave Taylor I dont remember him playing a game more then 5 metres away from the sideline so I dont know how he will go in the "pack" !!

roopy

Referee
Clive Churchill.
Second string fullback in the Newcastle rep side behind Brian Carlsen.
Best player of all time at Souths.

NAS

Juniors
Actually Fletcher had played every possible Origin match during his last four years with the Roosters.

Harrison had good glimpses with us, Stringer was fantastic in his next stint with Parramatta, and hell, why is Fa'alogo being mentioned in this thread when he has only played for Souths?

Actually, the Roosters still wanted Hegarty, and two days before signing with Souths, Hegarty pledged that he would stay and be loyal to the Roosters.

2003 and 2004, yes he was riding of the success of Fittler, but he played damn well. Hey, you've been playing statistics, remember who came second place in the 2004 Dally M count?

2005 wasn't too bad, 2006 though, was the only time you could truly attack him during his stint here.

Fair enough, but, they weren't very bad, they were just average.

Did nothing at the Roosters...um...you serious?

O'Meley was great during 2008, just not last year.

Yes, his best years were at C'bury, but the knee reconstruction buggered up, he had some great games for us. Round 4, 2008 anybody?

Hahahaha. We had him for one year, and you're saying he was a disappointment after "playing ok for Souths".

His leadership is a damn sight better, he's been great here.
Roberts pretty well? Yes, he buggered a few tries, but he set up some great ones too.
Myles, definitely a better player nowadays.

Hegarty was playing reserve grade when souths signed him.

Finch never went on to the heights expected of him.

Harrison went from origin rep, to nobody, back to origin rep. You can't deny the facts. same with Monaghan..........

Stringer still had fantastic seasons at souths and actually increased his asking price whilst at the rabbitohs. Is this not the point of the thread???

Was O'Meley or Mason any better at the roosters than they were at the dogs?

Would you say that Anasta's value has increased during his time at the roosters????

The roosters had far better results when they got players young and moulded them into great players.......Crocker, Flannery et al

skeepe

Immortal
Harrison went from origin rep, to nobody, back to origin rep. You can't deny the facts. same with Monaghan..........

Ahem.

Monaghan became a Country, NSW and Australian representative after returning to the Raiders.

Moffo

Referee
A far better example would have been Ash Harisson...

o'meley wasn't that old you c**k stain...especially for a front rower

mason wasn't sh*t when he left...you're jerking your chain. he didn't get along with folkes

as for anasta...bwahahahahahahahahaha. go watch his first season at the dogs and then tell me he hasn't gone downhill

skeepe

Immortal
as for anasta...bwahahahahahahahahaha. go watch his first season at the dogs and then tell me he hasn't gone downhill

Sure, but he went downhill at the Dogs too. If he didn't you'd be asking us to compare him to his last season at the Dogs.

adamkungl

Immortal
What skeepe said dickhead.
O'Meleys body was wrecked...anyway, I don't know how you can criticise his form for Roosters. In 08 he was good and in 09 he barely played due to injury/rumoured fallout with coaching staff.

Red Bear

Referee
Anasta was terrible in 06 but since then, especially in 08, he's become a very good player, much better than his last few years at the Bulldogs.

Bronco's have a pretty sh*te record with recruits (apart from Lazerus) but on the other hand they produce so many good players (what with most of Qld as their junior base) that they more than make up for it.

Moffo

Referee
what? anasta only looks good because he is playing with a bunch of douche bags. lucky to turn up once every 3-4 games

Mickyd39

Juniors
Why is that funny?

he was playing some good footy at the Broncos before heading to Souffs.

he went to crap at Souffs and he could not get out of the place quick enough when his contract was up.(don't blame him)

i know he got picked to play origin while at souffs but the Maroons were desperate in 2005.

thats why it is funny.:lol: