What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Front rower Sio Siua Taukeiaho

Veteran Dragon

Juniors
We desperately need a big name prop forward. If he gets a release should we try and sign him or is he past it at the age of 32?

Former Roosters hard man and Tongan skipper Sio Siua Taukeiaho has been with Catalans since the start of last season but is homesick and wants out.
Catalans has told the 32-year-old they won't release him from his two-year deal until they come up with a big name signing to replace him - and his former teammate Keary could be the answer to Taukeiaho's prayers. The rampaging prop, who won two titles at the Roosters, has barely played at Catalans due to a serious foot injury.
He came close to signing with the Bulldogs late last year but the deal fell through. He is finally over the injury after surgery last December and is hopeful of starting playing again this weekend.
Several NRL clubs are desperate for an experienced front-rower and a bidding war is certain to begin should he get the green light to return to the NRL from Catalans.

Inisai Toga

Juniors
Well not sure how he’s been playing or his fitness /injuries are, but I generally don’t buy into the your past it by 30 narrative. With the full time professional schedule along with diet, fitness and rehab support, I can’t see why players can’t contribute well into their 30’s . I liked him at the Roosters….could we swap…?

Last edited:

TheRev

First Grade
Roosters fans seem genuinely shitty to lose him.. they love the guy.. but is really a middle or a 2nd rower?

We have 1 spot for a f*** o** prop to lead our pack, I dunno if this is the man.. but Shane is obsessed with 2nd rowers.. but now that we have Su'a & Leilua signed, I imagine that has died off now... he has other positions to focus on.

sammymills

Juniors
We desperately need a big name prop forward. If he gets a release should we try and sign him or is he past it at the age of 32?

Former Roosters hard man and Tongan skipper Sio Siua Taukeiaho has been with Catalans since the start of last season but is homesick and wants out.
Catalans has told the 32-year-old they won't release him from his two-year deal until they come up with a big name signing to replace him - and his former teammate Keary could be the answer to Taukeiaho's prayers. The rampaging prop, who won two titles at the Roosters, has barely played at Catalans due to a serious foot injury.
He came close to signing with the Bulldogs late last year but the deal fell through. He is finally over the injury after surgery last December and is hopeful of starting playing again this weekend.
Several NRL clubs are desperate for an experienced front-rower and a bidding war is certain to begin should he get the green light to return to the NRL from Catalans.
Will be another George Burgess

Slippery Morris

First Grade
Souths letting Stili go with a couple of years still left on his contract is a really interesting scenario. They are a club that keep the good ones. I thought Stili was great when he started in the NRL but has had a few injuries lately. Must have concerns about his long term.

When I heard he would be released by the Chooks I was surprised and hoped Saints would snap him up. It will be interesting to see how he goes. Could be another good pick up by the Dogs.

Dragon David

First Grade
Dogs, Dogs, Dogs - they keep signing. By the time they finish signing, most of the players in the NRL would have had a gig with them hahahahaha! Chopping and changing playing the musical chairs game. I guess in the long run it will work as they are certainly showing signs of being improvers this year, god damn it!

Latest posts