What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

FTA TV coverage for Rd 1 EELS V BRONCOS

Stewie

Juniors
G'day, just wandering if anyone knows what time the EELS V BRONCOS game will be televised on WIN in WA on Friday night. Making my long journey back to work on Friday to the North West and was hoping it wasn't shown at the usual special midnight timeslot. Wishful thinking that channel 9 have sorted it out this year.Glad I have fox in my room up there.

Nuke

Staff member
Ch9 are supposedly coming on board with the WARL this year.
I don't know for sure, but I'm hearing that GEM is going to be a good station to watch as the year goes on for us WA based League supporters..! :p
From the little I've heard, I believe that Ch9 will continue to show the games at their usual times (half-past middle of the night or later..!), however GEM will be showing the games at a much more people-friendly hour. I would doubt 'live' will be a word bandied about, or perhaps even 'primetime', but 'reasonable' is a word I believe would suit.

Dragonwest

Juniors
Well looking at Saints v Newcastle you'll be waiting until 1.15am to watch it.

Thank god for the Paddo!

Stewie

Juniors
Found out that it's being televised at 10pm Friday night straight after the cricket. That's for WIN in the NW region. Don't know what time it's on ch9. Far too late for me. Looks like I'll be watching the live spoiler thread on here.

Nuke

Staff member
Well looking at Saints v Newcastle you'll be waiting until 1.15am to watch it.

Thank god for the Paddo!

Normally, yes, however I'm here in Newcastle. My ticket to the game is in my bag, and I'll be seeing the game as live as you can possibly get!

Not that I'm rubbing it in at all..! :p

Swamp

Juniors
http://warugbyleague.com.au/c9-perth-backs-nrl-coverage-in-the-west/

C9 Perth Backs NRL Coverage In The West
by dchristy
March 1st, 2012

Breaking news from C9 Perth:
C9 Perth has stated its commitment to Rugby League in Western Australia today. With immediate effect C9 will broadcast the NRL into Perth on its primary channel. 9′s coverage will commence this Sunday with the 2011 Grand Final rematch between NZ Warriors and Premiers Manly Sea Eagles ‘LIVE’ 9.00 am local time.
In the following weeks C9 will televise Sunday football in the afternoon time slot. This coverage will be backed up by further Rugby League coverage announcements over the coming weeks.
The Western Australian Rugby League and the NRL have been working with C9 over previous months to encourage this favourable outcome to the NRL coverage on free to air TV in Perth.
Rugby League fans can sit back and enjoy the action as the best season of Rugby League unfolds before us.

j5o6hn

Juniors
Friday nights game are going to be live on HD in Perth so says Perth Now on 9s GEM great stuff including the delayed 4pm Sunday game.
First game is on at 4 30pm with the late Sydney game after that at 6pm I think

Nuke

Staff member
Called it! One month ago to the day. [pats myself on the back] :p

In all seriousness, this is an AWESOME thing for Ch9 to do ... but really should have always been in place. I don't care ... we're getting live NRL on free-to-air Perth tv, and that's all that matters. A big well done to John Sackson, David Hobbs, and whoever else made this happen. I see this is something that's happened all over the country, however I know the WARL were working with Ch9 way back in November (and possibly earlier) regarding this.

Good stuff!

Oh, and j5o6hn, I think you'll find the 2nd Friday night game will be on at 6:30pm, not 6pm. The 1st game is live, so wouldn't finish much before 6:30pm.

Perth Red

Post Whore
Great news and can only help the profile of the game grow. Everything is coming together nicely for the Reds readmission!

BRING BACK THE REDS!

Join the Reds bid supporters group: membership free www.warzone.net.au

j5o6hn

Juniors
Well is the great experiment over with Gem both TV mags I saw today have no league on Gem Anybody have any idea or is 9 got its usual cold feet over the terrible numbers.
They have no idea on how to build things up 9

Perth Red

Post Whore
They didn;t have last nights games advertised as being on until the day before so who knows? Allegedly the deal is for the rest of the season, we shall see.

j5o6hn

Juniors
In the Sundery Slimes TV guide they don't have them as being on GEM only 9 at the midnight time slot,but going through the program and checking Friday they are on Gem, Souths are on at 2 30 pm, 2nd game at 5 30pm,maybe be 5 pm,but not in the Sports section of the Guide.

j5o6hn

Juniors
What the hell are channel9 playing at, the game in Sydney is on at 4pm the game in Perth should be shown at 2 pm, instead of the Footy Show/ Roast are they trying to bore us all to death. Bloody hell I can watch that game at 4pm on Foxtel who is running this schmozzle at 9 or WIN,Christ I dont want to watch stale april fools joke at 2 in the arvo.
Just show the BLOODY football

Latest posts