What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Fuifui open to Eels unless better deal comes along

Fee

Juniors
I also would love to see Fui stay with us beyond next year but , he is going to be offered a heap of money to leave, maybe more money than we can offer. He has to do what is right for his family!

mickdo

Coach
ESL clubs don't seem to be able to offer what they once could. I reckon he'll still be an Eel.

Delboy

First Grade
He is on pretty good coin at the moment to be honest, I think a few may be surprised how much , but let it be said Hagan was behind the contract, so he is not underpaid.

This type of player manager blackmail ticks me off, from the article it is apparent he is happy, gee they are bottom feeders of the first order.I agree with Stagger - Mateo, Mortimer and even Inu are more important, let the Coach and CEO do the math.

Pazza

First Grade
The way of the future for the blue & gold is:

8.Mannah

10.Poore

both young guys with some great footy ahead of them. With Fui getting old and moving on we need to look for sustained go forward across the pack but replacing the best prop in the game is going to be extremely hard. Along with EGJ most likely leaving the club, the 2011 team is going to be totally overhauled!

Haynzy

First Grade
the age thing will be interesting if Price and Civenocieva are any indication... He could be looking for a few more years in the NRL.

lucablight

First Grade
Why are people writing off Fui when he is in the best form of the career just because of his age? At the beginning of the year some of the posters here were willing to let him go at the end of 2009 and now they have egg all over their faces. At the end of 2010 he'll be only 31 and will still have a few more years left in him. The current QLD props are both approaching 35. Not to mention Fui only really started playing regularly in 2005 so he should still have some mileage left in him. If you're good enough you're young enough!

bartman

Immortal
I've said it before and I will say it again...

If Fuifui is allowed to leave I will no longer support the club. He must retire in an eels jersey
But what if Fuifui chooses to leave the club, as is his right...? :sarcasm:

yy_cheng

Coach
well we have to preserve Fui if we sign him on a longer term contract.

e.g. Play him wide like Creagh. He can run at centres and halves and let the young'uns (Poore, Mannah) do the big hitups.

Stagger eel

Staff member
I've said it before and I will say it again...

If Fuifui is allowed to leave I will no longer support the club. He must retire in an eels jersey

ofcourse you would, but then again you're an idiot....:lol:

Why are people writing off Fui when he is in the best form of the career just because of his age? At the beginning of the year some of the posters here were willing to let him go at the end of 2009 and now they have egg all over their faces. At the end of 2010 he'll be only 31 and will still have a few more years left in him. The current QLD props are both approaching 35. Not to mention Fui only really started playing regularly in 2005 so he should still have some mileage left in him. If you're good enough you're young enough!

I don't see anyone writing him off, in fact why would you?..this is about re-signing him after his contract expires next year and by comparing him to the likes of Civ and Price is a bit steep when those blokes have been seasoned rep players for a good part of a decade.

Fui has had an absolutely steller season but not even at this stage of his career should he be offered a long term deal 1 year out before his next contract expires and I dare say that DA isn't looking at him as a priority at this stage.

hasman

Juniors
ofcourse you would, but then again you're an idiot....:lol:

I don't see anyone writing him off, in fact why would you?..this is about re-signing him after his contract expires next year and by comparing him to the likes of Civ and Price is a bit steep when those blokes have been seasoned rep players for a good part of a decade.

Fui has had an absolutely steller season but not even at this stage of his career should he be offered a long term deal 1 year out before his next contract expires and I dare say that DA isn't looking at him as a priority at this stage.

Well as long as Roy Spangnolo is involved with this club Foi-Foi isn't going anyware.

yy_cheng

Coach
Staggs, our forward supply will deminish heavily if we lose Fui and Caylo, any forwards that have been winked at?

hindy111

Post Whore
fui fui wont stay if offer him 1 yrs extension-would have to be 2...But if esl offer 3 than he may be forced to go as parra wouldnt offer him 3....
As far as esl goes im pretty sure the taxes are a lot worse now too.Well i no in football(soccer) they went up which has made it better for players to stay at spain..etc

Stagger eel

Staff member
Staggs, our forward supply will deminish heavily if we lose Fui and Caylo, any forwards that have been winked at?

we're talking about 2011 yy, not next year! ...if Caylo and Fui leave at the end of next year that would free up nearly 700K!..do you honestly believe that DA would be sitting on that cash waiting for the next asotasi or Civoneceva to just drop infront of them??..I'm certain that there will be some forward planning involved to replace them.

yy_cheng

Coach
we're talking about 2011 yy, not next year! ...if Caylo and Fui leave at the end of next year that would free up nearly 700K!..do you honestly believe that DA would be sitting on that cash waiting for the next asotasi or Civoneceva to just drop infront of them??..I'm certain that there will be some forward planning involved to replace them.

Yeah I know it's for 2011 and I honestly believe that DA knows what he wants in terms of skill pricing, etc to replace them.

I'm more interested in knowing if you have had a sneak peak of his hit list yet?