What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Fuifui open to Eels unless better deal comes along

parra pete

Referee
I'll bet Daniel Anderson hasn't realised the value of Fuifui until he read this thread. It must come as a shock to him that Fuifui has so much talent. :roll:
Gee I hope DA knew that...:lol:

84 Baby

Referee
Don't worry. Next year he will instil the Fui-tude into Wellar and we'll be set. Other than that Weyman & Tolman are off contract next season

hineyrulz

Post Whore
I'll bet Daniel Anderson hasn't realised the value of Fuifui until he read this thread. It must come as a shock to him that Fuifui has so much talent. :roll:
:lol: Glad DA has his finger on the pulse.

Stagger eel

Staff member
Yeah I know it's for 2011 and I honestly believe that DA knows what he wants in terms of skill pricing, etc to replace them.

I'm more interested in knowing if you have had a sneak peak of his hit list yet?

no idea mate...

we also have poore and shackleton at the club for the next few years, throw in some wenty and u20 players and maybe we will have enough stock for the next few years.

TheParraboy

Staff member
I think we will be banking on Tim Mannah continuing to improve in 2010, and hopefully be ready or thereabout to take over from Cayless in 2011. Hopefully Poore will be here long term. SO thats 2 quality props. Just need unearth one or two youngsters next year, and maybe buy a solid prop (not marquee) for 2011

If Moi Moi stays a big bonus

TheParraboy

Staff member

to keep up with the same theme

DA must have been reading these forums well before he pissed of Brett Finch ;-)

yy_cheng

Coach
I think we will be banking on Tim Mannah continuing to improve in 2010, and hopefully be ready or thereabout to take over from Cayless in 2011. Hopefully Poore will be here long term. SO thats 2 quality props. Just need unearth one or two youngsters next year, and maybe buy a solid prop (not marquee) for 2011

If Moi Moi stays a big bonus

And if one is injured? I think we need 2 A grade props and one A-, B+ Prop

Craig Johnston

First Grade
I've said it before and I will say it again...

If Fuifui is allowed to leave I will no longer support the club. He must retire in an eels jersey

fans that put players before the club shouldn't be fans at all.

don't let the door hit you on the way out should it happen then.

Craig Johnston

First Grade
i think the bloke deserves all the rewards he can get to set himself up for life after footy. if that is o/s in england or another nrl club (just not f**king manly) then so be it.

born an eel

Bench
Fui deserves to get a decent contract, as he is the number 1 prop in the game at the moment. In saying that I do not think he should be getting the same as someone like Cayless at his best because Fui will not have the same responsibilities as Cayless.

Fui is the sort of player who turns up each week and trains and plays hard but will not be a "senior" player who spends the time and effort developing the junior talent. While his image is marketable, his personality does not allow the club to use him as a marketing tool for things like the footy show etc.

I think a 2 year deal worth about $300K a season would be about right. It will be interesting to see how his body will hold up after another 3 seasons.

Eelementary

Post Whore
Fui deserves to get a decent contract, as he is the number 1 prop in the game at the moment. In saying that I do not think he should be getting the same as someone like Cayless at his best because Fui will not have the same responsibilities as Cayless.

Fui is the sort of player who turns up each week and trains and plays hard but will not be a "senior" player who spends the time and effort developing the junior talent. While his image is marketable, his personality does not allow the club to use him as a marketing tool for things like the footy show etc.

I think a 2 year deal worth about $300K a season would be about right. It will be interesting to see how his body will hold up after another 3 seasons.

So you want him to take a pay cut, then?

Stagger eel

Staff member
i bet brett finch sent DA a thank you text message grand final night

and inturn he would or recieved a nice thank you back, because if it wasn't for his move we would not of been in a position we were in where we pounded your mob on the way to making the semis and then the grand final and also we would not have signed the likes of Justin poore and Timana Tahu...

thank you linesman thank you ball boys.

Eelementary

Post Whore
so how much do you think he's on now?

If he is already getting over $300k a season how much more does he think he can command.

I heard he was on a deserved $325,000 per season. Could be wrong, of course. But it was Mr. Hagan who negotiated his deal, after all.

born an eel

Bench
If thats the case I think its about right then. I don't think we could afford to offer more and keep others on.

Eelementary

Post Whore
I agree. I think Ossie and Ando will do what's right by Fui and by the club. If Fui leaves, it will only be to take a massive deal in England imo. I have no inside info, but I don't see him leaving Parramatta to play for another NRL club.