What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Full back

elyod138

Bench
He isn't named anywhere, I think that means he is probably with the first grade squad in NZ.

He'll most likely play QLD Cup for the rest of the year, unless they try to turn him into a winger.

Talanexor

Juniors
I thought at the start of the year Bowen wouldn't regain his old pace, and would be better utilised in the halves alongside Thurston.

However, given his length-of-the field effort on Monday night and the emergence of Thompson and Morgan, I think Bowen will stay at fullback which, unfortunately means Gallant won't play first grade again this season unless Bowen is injured.

I wouldn't mind him getting a run on the wing, but I just don't know if he'd be able to handle it defensively. Then again, Bani and Williams aren't defensive superstars either.

macnaz

Staff member
what do u think Gallant would be like at hooker? Spurts from dummy half would be dangerous, he has a footy brain and ball skills. It would depend on defence i guess, but up in amongst the hard stuff would soon teach him . Dam shame he isnt permanent in a side somewhere, he looked to be improving defensively and was always exiting to watch.

StinkyPete

Juniors
what do u think Gallant would be like at hooker? Spurts from dummy half would be dangerous, he has a footy brain and ball skills. It would depend on defence i guess, but up in amongst the hard stuff would soon teach him . Dam shame he isnt permanent in a side somewhere, he looked to be improving defensively and was always exiting to watch.

Watts has that role. and then Amos.

BDR

First Grade
Gee I wish we could find a spot for him, but I really don't know where it would be.

If I were Henry I would probably punt Rovelli with force and slot Bowen in at 5/8th, but that's not a very good long term option IMO. I don't think Shannon has the defensive or attacking muscle to make much of an impact on the wing, far and away his best attribute is his kick returns.

The Pain Game

Juniors
I'm really comfortable with Bowen at fullback again. His pace looked about 80% of what it was before surgery (if my guess is good) and unlike 2009, he seems to be more willing to use his side-step again. Most importantly, Gallant makes the team a bit nervous in defence.

I am hoping we can trial Shannon in different spots in the QLD Cup and work out a way to have him in the 17. It's funny how our season looked over one week, and it now seems that, if full strength, we might have some luxuries that could keep people out of first grade - oh, and be a threat to teams.

Latest posts