What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Full Strength Side

jimmythehand

Juniors
you've got to be kidding, we would be utter rubbish without a player like kimmorley to guide the team around. He's not much of a spark but he has given our side structure.

I'd put barba in ahead of roberts, who would be a good utility to come off the bench.

What were Bulldogs management thinking when signing Halatau and Payne. Surely they have had enough injuries between them to stay clear of them. You guys are dreaming if you think Halatau is going to do anything. He will show some signs before going to the hospital bay again. Tigers fans are enjoying this year, not only for how the team are going, but how they got rid of the dead wood.
Peni Tagive, Corey Payne, Dean Collis and Dene Halatua all hopeless. Halatau was ok about 5 years ago and that's all folks.
In future Dogs scouts, stay clear of known injury prone players. Also I wouldn't be looking to size down the pack any more. There are heaps of wingers bigger than the dogs forwards.

jimmythehand

Juniors
no way. we're just sh*t at using idris. He received the ball early once last week, and what happened, he scored a try.

Idris needs early, clean, deep, ball and he will cause damage. he's just not getting it at the moment. I think if he had good ball skills then the idea would have some merit - but he doesn't.

ByRd

First Grade
no way. we're just sh*t at using idris. He received the ball early once last week, and what happened, he scored a try.

Idris needs early, clean, deep, ball and he will cause damage. he's just not getting it at the moment. I think if he had good ball skills then the idea would have some merit - but he doesn't.
Agreed, im sick of people wanting Roberts at center and Idris in the second row, they are not the problems. Our problem is in the middle and our forwards getting dominated for most of the game, i know we are missing a few but it isnt a strength of ours.

Our pack needs to punch above their weight and then you will see Ennis/Noddy and the outside backs have more room to work.

Also, like you said about Idris, we dont play to his strengths at all. He gets alot of flat passes, he needs the ball where he can build up some speed and also, just for once i would love to see a proper kick go to him, we can never do this and it is so frustrating

Bulldog Force

Referee
Idris is still growing up, I don't think it'll do his body good moving him to second row. He's a great centre, no need to make him an average 2nd rower. Good thinking though!