What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

fumbleball ambassadors

View attachment 20452 Tomorrow’s backpage. I think we can establish that the daily telegraph are fumbleball ambassadors. Fancy having most of the back page filled with a picture of some stick insect most normal people in nsw have never heard of during origin period.
Of course it is paid for. You could set your watch by it. Shows their real fear of Orign at the AFL.

LESStar58

Referee
When another sport has an article like this published in a major newspaper I’ll agree it’s not just rugby league that’s hard done by:http://www.heraldsun.com.au/sport/r...237188379?sv=7a4fcf2a4e45c39b681feb8eb9ac147f

When a paper has an atrocity meter for another sport I’ll agree it’s not just rugby league.

When another sport has articles written about the rotten culture, or that the sport is “yet again in crisis” or “another black eye for the code” or that the “sport is dying” I’ll agree it’s not just rugby league.

When another sport has the volume of its crowd measured and used as a reason to justify the above headlines I’ll agree it’s not just rugby league.

Haha. I remember this assf**k. Leather arm patch wearing motoring "journalist". Obviously he had nothing interesting to write about in the kick and clap game.

gUt

Coach
PURPLE ALERT! ANOTHER Victorian HEADING NORTH TO PROMOTE AFL

200_d.gif

DIOGENES

Juniors
Knox article in the SMH today. Yeah, yeah NRLwon the ratings war but it really shouldn’t have:
1. The referees have been told to ensure that games are close (I am not making this up)
2. The results are all very predictable and people like that - a bit like Muzak

The figures he used do not include SOO (which is in decline) or rep games because anything other than inter-suburban games doesn’t count

mongoose

Coach
Knox article in the SMH today. Yeah, yeah NRLwon the ratings war but it really shouldn’t have:
1. The referees have been told to ensure that games are close (I am not making this up)

The figures he used do not include SOO (which is in decline) or rep games because anything other than inter-suburban games doesn’t count

it always so good beating the AFL in some metric and watching the meltdown. They are now going to give themselves major cosmetic surgery in the form of rule changes just to improve TV ratings. The AFL must seriously take their fans for brainwashed idiots (which many of them seem to me)

j5o6hn

Juniors

Did you happen to notice if his article had a comments section?

DIOGENES

Juniors
This is from an article Knox wrote 10 days ago:
I often come from a Swans game feeling proud of them, and they’re not even ‘mine’. It’s a curious admiration that I’ve noticed in other neutrals. The Swans, home of the "no dickheads" policy, have offered such good value for the past 20 years that they have achieved an institutional status in Sydney. Even those with a casual interest in the AFL know that this club has something special about it, a cohesion and sportsmanship that lifts those who go near it.

hutch

First Grade
I’m adding whoever is in charge of fox sports Australia twitter page to the list of funbleball ambassadors. There has been 27 afl tweets or retweet’s since the last tweet about rugby league. Nice way to tweet their number 1 rating sport....

taipan

Referee
The Sunday Tele is the only News publication allowed in my house.Today Halloran had a full page, you guessed it, about NRL and disrespect toward women.Episode number.............
Never mentioned prior stories, the Head of the head of the AFL giving his seal of approval, for Fremantle to pay hush money to settle a harassment dispute.
The absolute Olympic class hypocrisy of this female journalist ,sticks out like fireworks at NYE.The daughter of an AFL player.No bias, nothing to see here.
Is it any wonder ,you cannot respond to her D.T.contributions and I use the term "contributions" loosely.
She is an agenda driven embarrassment to the journalist profession.

hutch

First Grade
The Sunday Tele is the only News publication allowed in my house.Today Halloran had a full page, you guessed it, about NRL and disrespect toward women.Episode number.............
Never mentioned prior stories, the Head of the head of the AFL giving his seal of approval, for Fremantle to pay hush money to settle a harassment dispute.
The absolute Olympic class hypocrisy of this female journalist ,sticks out like fireworks at NYE.The daughter of an AFL player.No bias, nothing to see here.
Is it any wonder ,you cannot respond to her D.T.contributions and I use the term "contributions" loosely.

She is scum.

it always so good beating the AFL in some metric and watching the meltdown. They are now going to give themselves major cosmetic surgery in the form of rule changes just to improve TV ratings. The AFL must seriously take their fans for brainwashed idiots (which many of them seem to me)
aFL are fully aware that their fans are idiots as they know that any BS they put out their fans will believe.

no name

Coach
Stop f**king buying it then.
Vote with your wallet.

taipan

Referee
Stop f**king buying it then.
Vote with your wallet.

Um, it's my wife's choice, she's de boss.The usual BS that Sunday papers get up to get's them in.

Think I've played my part.Used to buy Telegraph Monday-Saturday No more.I'm saving Rothfield from himself.
Prior to that a reader of the SMH.Red hanky head turned me off it for good.Can read these papers at my local coffee cafe, if I'm that desperate.

Weekend Australian regularly ,now about once a month at best.

Used to be a newspaper nut.

Rupert now has to downgrade from a Ferrari to an Audi.
With the money I'm saving,thinking of buying Manly. :p

Last edited: