What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Fun Facts

Pistol

Coach
I thought it would be cool if we threw some questions out there. There are some profiles available on the F7s site. But here's a few extra ones.

What is your:

Fav Player F7s
Fav Player NRL
Fav Team NRL
First memory of the game
Fav Movie at the moment
Fav movie of all time
Fav Song
Fav Band

How did you come to support your team
How old were you when you attended your first game
Worst thing about supporting your club

Outside of the F7s

Hobbies
Career path
Car/s that you have owned
Dream Car

Titanic

First Grade
Fav Player F7s - EA (writer)
Fav Player NRL - Petero Civoniceva
Fav Team NRL - geez, mate what a question
First memory of the game - classmates telling me to get to training in grade 3
Fav Movie at the moment - Once were warriors
Fav movie of all time - Apocalypse Now
Fav Song - Weights made of lead (Sensational Alex Harvey Band)
Fav Band - Santana

How did you come to support your team - in the blood
How old were you when you attended your first game - 8
Worst thing about supporting your club - being in China

Outside of the F7s

Hobbies - waxing ladies bikini lines
Career path - too tall to be a gynaecologist so now I am a brain surgeon
Car/s that you have owned - VW, BMW, Mercedes
Dream Car - Panzer

Fav Player F7s - I love reading Azkatro, Titanic and rayroxon, among many others.
Fav Player NRL - Aaron Payne. Determined little bugger. In my side I love everything Craig Fitzgibbon has ever done!
Fav Team NRL - The almighty Roosters!
First memory of the game - Other than playing touch, I remember the 2000 Grand Final, annoyed because I thought I wouldn't see us in another one for ages!
Fav Movie at the moment - Hunchback Of Notre Dame. I watched it last night, it's awesome.
Fav Movie of all time - Probably The Ring. It's hilarious.
Fav Song - Ballad Of Dwight Fry by Alice Cooper.
Fav Band - Alice Cooper, Iron Maiden or Dream Theater.

How did you come to support your team - my father supported them and got me into football.
How old were you when you attended your first game - Late bloomer, I was thirteen I think, a 12-all draw with Parra.
Worst thing about supporting your club - Being current wooden spooners...

Outside of the F7s

Hobbies - Everything. As of late, vinyl collecting, video gaming, shirt making...a scotch on the balcony?
Career path - Still no idea...
Car/s that you have owned - Too poor...
Dream Car - I have no idea.

Pistol

Coach
Fav Player F7s - I mark the games blind. I cant say I have a fav player
Fav Player NRL - Petero Civoniceva, Justin Hodges or Darren Lockyer
Fav Team NRL - please.....
First memory of the game - I turned on the telly and saw a Tooheys Challenge game between the Broncos and Illawarra.
Fav Movie at the moment - The Holiday
Fav movie of all time - The Truman Show or Gone With The Wind
Fav Song - Behind Blue Eyes or I still Havent Found What I'm Looking For
Fav Band - The Who or U2

How did you come to support your team - lived in an area where the Broncos were the team to follow
How old were you when you attended your first game - 14. Lived in the sticks growing up and there wasnt any chance to get to a game.
Worst thing about supporting your club - Watching them lose

Outside of the F7s

Hobbies - golf, tennis, cricket, music
Career path - Printing mainly but have moved into IT
Car/s that you have owned - Festiva, Commodore, Jazz and Transit
Dream Car - Dodge Viper

bartman

Immortal
Fav Player F7s - can't say I have a favourite. It's always great to read quality pieces from new players
Fav Player NRL - Hindmarsh
Fav Team NRL - Parramatta
First memory of the game - the noise of the Parra chants in the Henson Park grandstand being too loud for my 5 year old ears, and my parents having to take me to the hill to watch the rest of my first ever live game
Fav Movie at the moment - haven't seen one for ages. Mary and Max was pretty good earlier in the year, can't go past quirky aussie stuff.
Fav movie of all time - changes every day but I usually say Brazil by Terry Gilliam.
Fav Song - changes every day but I usually say Blush by the Hummingbirds
Fav Band - changes every day but I usually say Talking Heads

How did you come to support your team - through family, and being born and bred in the area
How old were you when you attended your first game - 5
Worst thing about supporting your club - people waiting for the next Peter Sterling, it ain't going to happen

Outside of the F7s

Hobbies - music, pub trivia, nostalgia
Career path - psychology, youth work, disability work, who knows what's next.
Car/s that you have owned - Ford Falcon x2, Fiat Cinquencento, Renault Biarritz, currently none
Dream Car - preferrably none or a company car if I can manage it

Willow

Assistant Moderator
Fav Player F7s - Black Kitty
Fav Player NRL - Ben Creagh
Fav Team NRL - St George
First memory of the game - About 5-6 years old, St George v Newtown at Henson Park. Saints winger Johhny King scoring a try in front of me. Saw the big red V flash before me, recall it like it was yesterday.
Fav Movie at the moment - Dunno. Want to see Inglourious Basterds.
Fav movie of all time - Too many.
Fav Song - Too many.
Fav Band - A shocking soft spot for the Beatles that just won't go away.

adamkungl

Immortal
Fav Player F7s - madunit and EA are always good reads
Fav Player NRL - Anasta
Fav Team NRL - Easts
First memory of the game - BBQ at my place for the 95 grand final, i was 5 yrs old.
Fav Movie at the moment - dunno, haven't watched much lately
Fav movie of all time - don't really have one...Anchorman, LotR, Monty Pythons Holy Grail, Star Wars would all be up there
Fav Song - Metallica - One
Fav Band - Metallica.

How did you come to support your team - Dad
How old were you when you attended your first game - farked if I know. I started playing at 6 so probably around then.
Worst thing about supporting your club - at the moment, the fact that we are disgraceful :p but overall, probably the lack of junior area and the crap we cop for it

Outside of the F7s

Hobbies - video games, touch footy, metal music and the occasional pissup
Career path - going for computer programming, game design is what im hoping for
Car/s that you have owned - toyota corola
Dream Car - don't really have one, not into cars...

Fav Player F7s - EA, Madunit and Bumble
Fav Player NRL - Taniela the Tank
Fav Team NRL - Wests Tigers
First memory of the game - Manly winning the comp in 1996, when I was 6 years old (don't remember any of the game, but I remember hearing about Manly winning it)
Fav Movie at the moment - Hangover
Fav movie of all time - 40 Year Old Virgin
Fav Song - Born of a Broken Man-Rage Against the Machine
Fav Band - Foo Fighters

How did you come to support your team - Father got me to support Balmain, Balmain merged with the pies
How old were you when you attended your first game - probably about 5, I remember going to a Sydney Tigers game, wouldn't know where or when it was, or who it was against, the first game I remember going to was Penrith vs Balmain at LO in 1998, Balmain was 30-10
Worst thing about supporting your club - We always miss the finals, despite being the fact we beat 3/4 teams left in the comp fairly convincingly, and Brisbane only beat us by 2 points when we had key players out, and copped a dud sin binning towards the end.

Outside of the F7s

Hobbies - Music, piss ups with the boys, I also play baseball
Career path - Started my Finance/Accounting degree this year, so probably something in money.
Car/s that you have owned - Honda Civic early-mid 90s model
Dream Car - A better Honda Civic :D

madunit

Super Moderator
Staff member
Fav Player F7s: Azkatro, LeagueNut, Jesbass, Titanic, EA and Pistol (all the elite writers)
Fav Player NRL: Robbie Farah
Fav Team NRL: Wests Tigers
First memory of the game: Watching the tigers defeat Manly in a semi in 1988
Fav Movie at the moment: Take Away
Fav movie of all time: Crackerjack
Fav Song: Dyers Eve - Metallica
Fav Band: Metallica, Queen, TISM

How did you come to support your team: It was the first team I ever saw once we got TV (I was 8 - lived in the bush)
How old were you when you attended your first game: about 16 I think, we went to Canberra and watched Canberra beat Brisbane.
Worst thing about supporting your club: Tim Sheens

Outside of the F7s

Hobbies: Rugby League history and stats
Career path: farmhand, installed some vineyards, bar manager, hospitality supervisor, sales, assistant manager, now I'm in IT for a property data supplier. Would prefer to be doing the hobby for a paying job though
Car/s that you have owned: Rav4
Dream Car: Bumblebee from Transformers

Last edited:

miccle

Bench
Fav Player F7s: Really enjoy a lot of the writing, but if I had to isolate a couple it'd be Dave Q & Titanic.
Fav Player NRL: Tonie Carroll
Fav Team NRL: Broncos, of course
First memory of the game: Watching a match between Broncos & South Sydney in the outer seats with my dad & pop. 1988, so around my fourth birthday.
Fav Movie at the moment: Inglorious Basterds
Fav movie of all time: Requiem for a Dream.
Fav Song: Too many to list.
Fav Band: The Fumes, Left Lane Cruiser, R.L. Burnside, Muddy Waters, T-Model Ford & Beware the Hippos.

How did you come to support your team: From an RL family in Brisbane - Valleys supporters pre-1988 and then also jumped on the Broncos when they joined the NSW comp. I was three when they were admitted, and a fan from day one.
How old were you when you attended your first game: Not quite four.
Worst thing about supporting your club: There isn't one, really. Broncos supporters are a truly blessed mob. A sh*t year is making the finals but not winning it :crazy:

Outside of the F7s

Hobbies: I play bass in a band & we're gigging around a bit at the moment, so that takes up a lot of post-work time. Music is a massive hobby for me - started at four years old playing piano, have also learnt violin, double bass, guitar, harmonica & percussion.
Career path: Work in management in the Qld Courts system - specifically in the State Reporting Bureau, which produces the transcripts & is in charge of recording Court proceedings.
Car/s that you have owned: Started off with a 1990 Magna, then onto a 1995 Falcon and am currently driving a 1998 Laser. Chick hatchbacks ftw! :D
Dream Car: Meh. Not a big car fan, so maybe a nice little Alfa to cruise around in, and a big, comfortable van to fit all the band gear in.