What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Further to the thread below about 11 a side

gruebz

Juniors
I see further down their is a posting about 11 a side league being trialled as an idea. Well this is sought of similar to a thought of mine that I reckon could be a good change to the NRL.

Firstly, reduce the amount of players to 12. This will open up a bit of space on the field. U could do this by getting rid of the lock, most locks can either play 6 or back row anyway (i'm not too sure how they would change the positioning for 11 a side)

Then, because we don't really want to see more tries the tackle count will be reduced so you only get 5 tackles. This would also result in teams more likely to take risks with the ball as they have less tackles at their disposal.

Also, having only 12 players team might make it easier to expand the NRL to other areas such as Perth and Wellington because one of the main reasons against this is that an 18 team competition thins the competition. Well currently in a rounds football you have 208 players starting (13 players x 16 teams), expanding it to 18 teams makes it only 216 players starting (12 players x 18 teams) which is only 8 more players starting than we currently have.

I'm not too sure if this is actually what I would like to see happen I thought it would be interesting to through the idea out there though.

Latest posts