1. Grand Final Edition OUT NOW:

The 2020 NRL & NRLW Grand Final edition of The Front Row, our exclusive online e-magazine and match programme for Sunday's Grand Final Day! Also includes Super League Round 17 and 18 squads.

The Grand Final edition brings you special stories from each camp - Paul Jobber chats with Panthers legend Scott Sattler recounts his famous moment in the sides 2003 title win and looks to the current crop of Penrith players; while Rob Crosby looks at Josh Addo-Carr as he laces up for what could be his final Storm game. Rick Edgerton has a Clive Churchill Medal guide, while Joshua Wells speaks to Brisbane NRLW star Millie Boyle as the Broncos cruise toward a Women's threepeat on Sunday.

Add to that all the regular features you've come to expect - the programme for both Grand Final Day matches along with teamlists and details for Rounds 17 and 18 of the Super League - and you have one fantastic 32-page magazine for your Grand Final reading!

EDITION 22 - READ NOW!

Guest, click here to read online or download your free PDF copy

Fusitua now a centre

Discussion in 'New Zealand Warriors and NZRL' started by Fufu Andronez, Feb 22, 2020.

1. Fufu Andronez

Fufu Andronez First Grade

A shock positional switch

It appears tryscoring machine David Fusitua is set for a positional switch in 2020.

The 2018 NRL top tryscorer started in the centres and confirmed he’d be closer to the action this season during a halftime interview.

“Mooks (coach Stephen Kearney) wants me to play one in this year,” Fusitua said.

“At the moment it looks like I am going to be playing centre.”

https://www.foxsports.com.au/nrl/nr...g/news-story/001b5b38d780f288acab1372d54a6852

Last edited: Feb 23, 2020
  2. Philip_Smith007

Philip_Smith007 Coach

Didn't we try this already and it didn't work???

3. LeagueNut

LeagueNut First Grade

I liked the look of him in the trial game, some good defensive reads.

4. Big Marn

Big Marn Juniors

So who is going to be on the wing then? and where does this put our kicker Herbert?

5. Rich102

Rich102 Moderator Staff Member

So Fus is now a prop/centre instead of a prop/wing?

Benek likes this.
  6. KeepingTheFaith

KeepingTheFaith Referee

He only got a few games there nowhere near enough to say if it could work.

7. JJ

JJ Referee

He always looked like he could develop into a centre or a fullback...

Great if there are good signs, if that's the call, need to persevered - I'm convinced this season will be terrible, so a plus could be that he is developed as a centre

Meth and Scott like this.
  8. Meth

Meth Moderator Staff Member

Well, at least we're trying some things, I guess. Rather that than banging our heads against the brick wall of Kearney ball. He looked good at times at centre and then not so good at other times. Seems like odd timing with Hiku and Herbert and Milne and others, with no obvious replacement on the wing- but let's see. He can always drop back onto the wing if needs be. He looked disinterested at times last year, so if this gets a bit of spark out of him, great.

9. JJ

JJ Referee

yeah, that's the funny thing - Hiku was good last year, and Herbert especially looked the goods - yet for years the Kata drivel was persevered with

Cold Roses likes this.
  10. Fufu Andronez

I just wanna know who gets that wing spot.

Hopefully its somebody with rapid speed. Maybe the young Fijian?

11. KeepingTheFaith

KeepingTheFaith Referee

It will be out of Herbert or Pompey I would imagine.

Won't be Dune. Defence is shit and doesn't go looking for work. On a development contract so can't play anyway.

12. Mr Angry

Mr Angry Not a Referee

Wrong year to make the change.

Tall wingers are they play of 2020.

No reason Fus cannot be a centre, you should get better as you get older and be able to play anywhere in three quarters.

But I want tall wingers with the new rule.

13. Fufu Andronez

Dune? I was referring to Ravutaumada, couldn't be arsed typing his name so just keep referring to him as the Fijian kid.

14. Meth

Meth Moderator Staff Member

You'd have to think that the move has as much to do with who they want on the wing as it is where they want Fusitu'a

15. JJ

JJ Referee

You’d have to think that Kearney is clueless... any thinking beyond that’s just wasting energy

16. WellsNZ

WellsNZ Juniors

I didn't like it last time because it seems a waste not having such a great finisher on the ring, but I like the idea of getting some real speed in the back three if we were to give a chance to Ravutaumada out there.

17. KeepingTheFaith

KeepingTheFaith Referee

I call him Dune.

Basically a bunch of fans on the main Warriors site went into hype mode as if the kid was the second coming when they released pre-season photos of him doing well running up sand dunes last year.

Dune is also easier to spell when you can't be arsed typing his name.

18. KeepingTheFaith

KeepingTheFaith Referee

Unless we plan on upgrading someone our options are Pompey/Herbert/Perham for this year.

Maybe we're eyeing someone off for next year or realise our kicking game is so shit our centre is more likely to catch it than our wingers.

19. BLN2

BLN2 Juniors

They call the the Fijian winger Stino I'm pretty sure.. But yeah his defence looked shabby on the weekend. Pompey is a centre, so is Herbert. Not sure why Fus is moving into centre really, unless we have a winger who is ready to go. Fus ideally would defend on the wing, and attack out wide IMO..

Where do they see Perham playing? Ideally he'd slot in, has a lot of skill, could add another dimension to the back line rather than props out wide.

20. Big Marn

Big Marn Juniors

I'm not averse to Fusitua moving into centre if Kearney is going to persist with the wingers as props strategy from last year. Maumalo is suited to it but id rather Fusitua was utilised at the other end of the field. He offers more strike in a proper backline move. I dont think he beat one tackler last year running the ball back from our goal line.

Meth likes this.