What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The Game Future NRL Stadiums part II

Steel Saints

Juniors
I can understand why Cronulla didn't want to go to Allianz. It is the Roosters home ground. However, another ground the Sharks could've used was Kogarah. Cronulla had Kogarah as a home ground just recently and it fits around 20k.

There is a balance of accommodating more fans, and the integrity of the finals.

For once, Andrew Webster is correct.
This is NRL amateur hour.

It should be....

1. Move the game to Allianz.
2. Put tickets on sale 9.00 am Monday for Sharks fans/members only for 48 hrs. Advertise this to the max.
3. Block off the northern end lower and upper levels for Roosters fans. Unavailable for Sharks fans to purchase during the Sharks window.
4. Give the Sharks fans a two day ticket window for priority purchase as stated in point 2. Use a password if required.
5. Open up ticket sales for Roosters fans on Wednesday 9.00 am in the Roosters allocated northern end only, while continuing to sell tickets to Sharks fans.
6. Then, Thursday/Friday, open up the rest of the stadium for sale. A free for all for whatever is left. There would be a mix of fans in the remaining areas.

This not only ensures demand for tickets, but also creates an "us vs them" divide of fans.
It's not really that hard, and I reckon that 30 - 35 000 would be there, not 13 000 at a cow paddock in The Shire.

I agree. At the end of the day we are talking about a professional sport, and we are going to play a playoff game at a stadium which (whilst at normal capacity is somewhat on the small side) has even lower capacity due to construction work going on? This is one instance where it look like amateur hour. If players, and clubs, want big money prizes for winning the Minor Premiership, let alone the Premiership, they can't keep doing stuff like this.

I mean, hypothetically, if a club is entitled to a home final, what if they decide they want to play the game at its training facility? For example, could you imagine an NRL Finals game being played at current day Redfern Oval? It's ridiculous.

horrie hastings

First Grade
I can understand why Cronulla didn't want to go to Allianz. It is the Roosters home ground. However, another ground the Sharks could've used was Kogarah. Cronulla had Kogarah as a home ground just recently and it fits around 20k.

The Sharks fans didn't want to travel to Kogarah when Shark Park was out of action so you could imagine the uproar had they moved it there even if you could fit in an extra 5, 000-6, 000.

Iamback

Coach
I agree. At the end of the day we are talking about a professional sport, and we are going to play a playoff game at a stadium which (whilst at normal capacity is somewhat on the small side) has even lower capacity due to construction work going on? This is one instance where it look like amateur hour. If players, and clubs, want big money prizes for winning the Minor Premiership, let alone the Premiership, they can't keep doing stuff like this.

I mean, hypothetically, if a club is entitled to a home final, what if they decide they want to play the game at its training facility? For example, could you imagine an NRL Finals game being played at current day Redfern Oval? It's ridiculous.

If the ground is fit for NRL games then should be fine for finals, That rules out such situations like that

Iamback

Coach

What is the Sharks win record there?

I know they are terrible at Allianz

Steel Saints

Juniors
We put 50 on them there. Not sure it had positive feedback when they were there
They were there during the "Covid years" of 2020 and 2021. With crowd restrictions in place, it's probably not the right period to accurately get any sort of feedback.

You look at the crowd stats of 2020 and 2021, you might as well put N/A across those years.

But yeah, i get it. Kogarah is their rivals home ground and they don't want to be there. But for a one off finals game, they could get an extra 5,000 to 6,000.

They were there during the "Covid years" of 2020 and 2021. With crowd restrictions in place, it's probably not the right period to accurately get any sort of feedback.

You look at the crowd stats of 2020 and 2021, you might as well put N/A across those years.

But yeah, i get it. Kogarah is their rivals home ground and they don't want to be there. But for a one off finals game, they could get an extra 5,000 to 6,000.
Couldn’t they market it as the ultimate insult along the lines of giving Jubilee a semi final game because the regular team couldn’t manage it? Something to take the sting out of it for Cronulla fans.

Tiger Shark

Bench

Lolz 😂

Iamback

Coach

The NRL would have the ground for nothing, Are charging $90 for good seats, NRL will make a couple of $m.

It will have a great atmosphere, NRL makes money. Sharks get home final are all the main things

Iamback

Coach
That does not make it right.

Also, which other privately owned stadiums (i.e. owned by a private individual or company, and not one owned by a local council) have the NSW Government funded? I'm not aware of any having occurred.

The CoE's are club owned and got funding

Wb1234

Immortal
The NRL would have the ground for nothing, Are charging $90 for good seats, NRL will make a couple of $m.

It will have a great atmosphere, NRL makes money. Sharks get home final are all the main things
That’s a fair point the rental will be way cheaper

I still think the nrl make more money hosting it at allianz

I hate watching games at shark park it’s an eyesore