What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The Game Future NRL Stadiums part II

SLRBRONCOS

Referee
So you feel our pain travelling down from NQ for the big games every f*cken year.
I mean you can book flights from Townsville to Brisbane for origin 2 leaving Saturday 26th and returning Monday 28th for $469 total at the moment. Slightly different.

Not painful because I didn’t pay. But you know, I could move and so could you!

beave

Coach
@beave have you got flights booked? I was going to go but Qantas wanted $1300 return from Canberra. So I booked game two in protest. What a time to be alive tho!

i was toying with heading up from brissy and decided against it……. then my mate got me a game ticket this arvo so I thought ‘stuff it’ and booked flights. The flights aren’t cheap but this is a once in a lifetime opportunity to have an origin in my home town. Can’t f**king wait!!!! Townsville will be going off.

Jamberoo

Juniors
Hard to argue with that. If they want to get Liverpool up they need to kill the idea of renovating suburban stadiums. Can’t have both. It is obviously not the direction PVL is taking. Conversely, any budget announcement to reno suburban stadiums also kills off the possibly of Liverpool in the near future.
Just on Kogarah, will it still be oval?

Perth Red

Post Whore
Hard to argue with that. If they want to get Liverpool up they need to kill the idea of renovating suburban stadiums. Can’t have both. It is obviously not the direction PVL is taking. Conversely, any budget announcement to reno suburban stadiums also kills off the possibly of Liverpool in the near future.
Just on Kogarah, will it still be oval?

NSW govt should be spending money on a shared Bankwest stadium for Bulldogs and Tigers as the priority, if the clubs want it. Then offer Dragons and Sharks a new southern sydney stadium, if they dont want it fine let them play out of their dumps forever more and continue to lose relevance and ground to the big clubs. Ridiculous to be putting $200million lipstick on these suburban pigs that get a hand full of games a year.

NSW govt should be spending money on a shared Bankwest stadium for Bulldogs and Tigers as the priority, if the clubs want it. Then offer Dragons and Sharks a new southern sydney stadium, if they dont want it fine let them play out of their dumps forever more and continue to lose relevance and ground to the big clubs. Ridiculous to be putting $200million lipstick on these suburban pigs that get a hand full of games a year.
It will be Brookvale and Penrith to be announced in the state budget.

flippikat

Bench
Should be Liverpool over Penrith, I can't see a reason Penrith should be included.

Precisely. There's a good chance that a Liverpool stadium will house two teams (Bulldogs & Tigers), so that's a big point in it's favour. Bonus if it solves the question about "Where exactly IS the Tigers home ground?" and means that Leichhardt is well and truly retired as a regular NRL venue.

unforgiven

Bench
Precisely. There's a good chance that a Liverpool stadium will house two teams (Bulldogs & Tigers), so that's a big point in it's favour. Bonus if it solves the question about "Where exactly IS the Tigers home ground?" and means that Leichhardt is well and truly retired as a regular NRL venue.
Exactly, Leichhardt one game a year.