What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The Game Future NRL Stadiums part II

Cumberland Throw

First Grade
I see AFL is back at Accor/ANZ/Stadium Australia for the first times in many years. This is the real reason it will never be rectangular. The roof, name change and AFL returning, all announced in a week or so is not a coincidence. Deals have been done. I predict the AFL GF will be played there in a few years when they rebuild the MCG southern stand.
Looks that way .. and pvl and abdo have no idea what is going on with it

TheRam

Coach
Inter Miami proposed stadium

25k capacity
Screen-Shot-2021-05-26-at-5.29.09-PM.png

One of these please Mr Ayres

Wow what a beautiful 25K stadium. If we could get 2 or 3 of those built in Sydney on a train line, I don't think we would have much trouble attracting fans at all.

They just need to be built where the trains, bars and restaurants are, then people will love to go out to the footy, drinks and a feed.

Perth Red

Post Whore
Wow what a beautiful 25K stadium. If we could get 2 or 3 of those built in Sydney on a train line, I don't think we would have much trouble attracting fans at all.

They just need to be built where the trains, bars and restaurants are, then people will love to go out to the footy, drinks and a feed.
Yeh it’s not rocket science!

T-Boon

Coach
Is insulting people all you do?

Go f**k yourself you sped.
I hardly ever insult people. Unless you consider me saying the sharks should be relocated and the ground doesn't deserve an upgrade to be an "insult to a person". I don't.
On the other hand are you the guy whose been insulting me about my intelligence?

AdelaideSharky

Juniors
I hardly ever insult people. Unless you consider me saying the sharks should be relocated and the ground doesn't deserve an upgrade to be an "insult to a person". I don't.
On the other hand are you the guy whose been insulting me about my intelligence?
I'm not the only one in here who questions your intelligence, man.

You gob off with complete and utter tripe 99% of the time and you are exactly why the special needs community shouldn't be on social media or forums like this.

Kurt Angle

First Grade
It's 5 blocks down memorial avenue to the proposed site in Liverpool, and it's dead flat.

Its closer than Kogarah, Parramatta and Penrith are from their closest train stations, who I would say are walking distance.

It's about 50% longer than walking from Belmore Station to Belmore sports ground, which is no longer used, but remember being the easiest walk.

Only Lumeah would be closer to a train station, which a proposed Liverpool stadium may replace.

Would MacArthur FC be a Liverpool stadium tenant?

Kurt Angle

First Grade
*Removed by Admin* and Adelaide is a total dump and the Sharks are the most useless club in Sydney.
But in relation to stadiums. I certainly think that Newcastle needs to have priority over the Sydney suburbs.
Newcastle has two fantastic stands, does it need the north and south filled in?

It has two tenants, neither of whom appear to sell out frequently. It would appear Newcastle has the stadium it needs

Last edited by a moderator:

T-Boon

Coach

It has two tenants, neither of whom appear to sell out frequently. It would appear Newcastle has the stadium it needs

As a stadium it was rejected for the women's soccer world cup. That is bad for the state in terms of tourism as it would have been better to have 2 cities have venues rather than 2 venues in one city. You want tourists coming here and then moving around your state.
If we ever get the men's world cup for the best interests of the state we want Newcastle to be a no brainer.
We also need a stadium in NSW but outside of Sydney that is impressive enough to be used in an emergency for state of origin or GF or other big sports events.
We also want to close a window for the AFL. They are great at getting the governments to spend the alloted stadium money on their stadiums even in cities they don't yet have teams. Get the gov to spend it on the rectangular stadium first before AFL get their eyes on it.
Hunter Stadium has 4 tenants by the way 2 of them are women's teams.

Kurt Angle

First Grade
As a stadium it was rejected for the women's soccer world cup. That is bad for the state in terms of tourism as it would have been better to have 2 cities have venues rather than 2 venues in one city. You want tourists coming here and then moving around your state.
Tourists for a women's world cup are not the type of tourists anyone wants.

If we ever get the men's world cup for the best interests of the state we want Newcastle to be a no brainer.
Then it would be justified, but you get awarded a world cup first before you spend up big.

We also need a stadium in NSW but outside of Sydney that is impressive enough to be used in an emergency for state of origin or GF or other big sports events.
We also want to close a window for the AFL. They are great at getting the governments to spend the alloted stadium money on their stadiums even in cities they don't yet have teams.
And how does upgrading a stadium which has very good facilities, and rarely reaches capacity help our "funding for expansion areas" problem?

Get the gov to spend it on the rectangular stadium first before AFL get their eyes on it.
Hunter Stadium has 4 tenants by the way 2 of them are women's teams.
I suspect the other two REALLY don't go close to capacity

siv

First Grade
Stadium developers should take a leaf out of English soccer team in their strategy of 25 or 50% upgrade options

ash the bash

Juniors
I see AFL is back at Accor/ANZ/Stadium Australia for the first times in many years. This is the real reason it will never be rectangular. The roof, name change and AFL returning, all announced in a week or so is not a coincidence. Deals have been done. I predict the AFL GF will be played there in a few years when they rebuild the MCG southern stand.
This was my concern having the chairman of GWS as the chairman of the new stadium body in NSW. I wish all NRL clubs abandon Accor Stadium, almost half way there with Souths hopefully going back to the SFS. That could put the government/stadium body in a position to upgrade it into a proper rectangular venue.

ps: Over the off topic talk in this thread, any mods care to clean it up.

macavity

Referee

Newcastle’s stadium cost $40mil. With inflation, let’s build $60mil stadiums in Sydney. suddenly we can do them all.

Newie could use some decent big screens. One is second hand the other is smaller than my TV at home (with dead pixels).

we should be leaving NSW to form our own state tbh.

AdelaideSharky

Juniors
This was my concern having the chairman of GWS as the chairman of the new stadium body in NSW. I wish all NRL clubs abandon Accor Stadium, almost half way there with Souths hopefully going back to the SFS. That could put the government/stadium body in a position to upgrade it into a proper rectangular venue.

I'm more than happy to stay on topic, I'm not going to cop rubbish from professional shit stirrers like T-Boon though.

AdelaideSharky

Juniors

I'm more than happy to stay on topic, I'm not going to cop rubbish from professional shit stirrers like T-Boon though.

ground zero

Juniors
Shark park will get 200 million to upgrade 1 toilet block an a female change house. then they will hide the rest off the upgrade as 3rd party agreements. an it reduces the capicity to 14,000 for safety reasons. oh well finally get caught by ICAC RORTING THE SYSTEM. BYE BYE SHARKS.

ground zero

Juniors
Shark park will get 200 million to upgrade 1 toilet block an a female change house. then they will hide the rest off the upgrade as 3rd party agreements. an it reduces the capicity to 14,000 for safety reasons. oh well finally get caught by ICAC RORTING THE SYSTEM. BYE BYE SHARKS. Caught cheating again. Shame Shame Shame

Kurt Angle

First Grade
Newcastle’s stadium cost $40mil. With inflation, let’s build $60mil stadiums in Sydney. suddenly we can do them all.

Newie could use some decent big screens. One is second hand the other is smaller than my TV at home (with dead pixels).

Those are different issues, so it's not about the stands then? That arugment is a;

before;
newy stad now.jpg
after;
Newy stadim coe.png

Now you do that because paying customers who seek to get good amenity in the west or east stands, find themselves not getting tickets because they're all sold out, all of the time.

MacDonald Jones isn't selling out it's East and West stands all of the time. Why does it need more grandstand seats?

I have no problem with that.

They tried once, I'm a firm believer primary producing hinterlands are getting ripped off financially in this country.

AdelaideSharky

Juniors
Shark park will get 200 million to upgrade 1 toilet block an a female change house. then they will hide the rest off the upgrade as 3rd party agreements. an it reduces the capicity to 14,000 for safety reasons. oh well finally get caught by ICAC RORTING THE SYSTEM. BYE BYE SHARKS.
Isn't it time Frankenstein's monster St Merge Illawarra was put out of its misery for good?

Are they a Sydney club or a South Coast club?

The Dragons have a serious identity crisis.

No wonder they've been shit since Uncle Wayne f**ked off.

AdelaideSharky

Juniors
Those are different issues, so it's not about the stands then? That arugment is a;

before;
View attachment 56390
after;
View attachment 56391

Now you do that because paying customers who seek to get good amenity in the west or east stands, find themselves not getting tickets because they're all sold out, all of the time.

MacDonald Jones isn't selling out it's East and West stands all of the time. Why does it need more grandstand seats?

I have no problem with that.

They tried once, I'm a firm believer primary producing hinterlands are getting ripped off financially in this country.
Problem McDonald Jones Stadium or whatever the f**k its called now is miles out of town.

Nearly 2km from the nearest railway station and two parts of f**k all to go to outside the ground in terms of pubs and restaurants.

Latest posts