What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Gagan has his eye on the major league

FUIFUI_MOIMOI

Juniors
http://fairfield-advance.whereilive...ung-achiever-has-his-eye-on-the-major-league/

Young achiever has his eye on the major league

29 Jan 11 @ 05:54am by BRIAN KARLOVSKY

SMITHFIELD league star Jacob Gagan is used to trampling opponents and collecting the trophy.

But this year he will have to settle for a plaque after he was named as Fairfield’s 2011 Sports Achiever of the year.

The former Westfield’s Sports High student, 17, who has represented Australia at schoolboy level, said he was “pretty happy” about taking out the award and was looking forward to the awards ceremony. “When I found out I was pretty excited,” he said.

During 2010 Gagan represented Sydney southwest, NSW combined high schools, Parramatta SG Ball, NSW State of Origin and Australian Schoolboys. Gagan, who trains six times a week, is now playing in the under-20s Toyota Cup side and training with Parramatta Eels first grade.

“It’s good there. Some sessions are tough but it’s all worth it,” he said. “It’s a bit more full-on now - there is no mucking around.”

Leanne Solomons, who nominated Gagan, said his presence on the field had a positive influence and “lifted the performance of others in the team”.

The young tyro said he dreamed of a career in rugby league.

“My goal is just to play well in the 20s this year and hopefully get a crack at first grade,” he said.

Joely01

Bench
This guy is a freak, seriously, I watched him play sg and Harold mats with my cousin And one year I think 2 maybe 3 years ago it was very wired not to watch him go over for a hatrick. It was like watching a miniture hayne at the back, can score from anywhere and has alot of speed.
He also prefers fullback to anything but willplay wing and centre, but they tried him there once and it was a waste.

Latest posts