What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Gal Could Do With a Rest

Feej

First Grade
Dunno what's happening with his calf injury, but it seems pretty apparent that Gal could use a 1-2 week spell. Not sure how we would go without him, but I'd rather see him rested than burnt out and busted.

Anyone else thinking along the same lines?

DJShaksta

First Grade
He doesn't need to train.
We need him to play.
He now has 4 days to rest up before we play next.

Tucky

Juniors
Agree that he looks to be playing busted. However, week after week, he seems to be the only player to put his hand up and do the hard yards. Smith and Toops are good in short bursts and Bukuya is going ok but doesn't have the impact that Gal does.

If he was to be rested, the rest of the back row has to step up.

Vin Fizz

Bench
Won well against souffs pre Origin 3 without Gal. Lots of man love for the bloke but yeah give him a rest if he thinks he needs it.

Feej

First Grade
I'd hate for us to sneak into the eight, but have to play finals without him. I know we're a slim chance, but we would need him there if we were to make it.

Alan Shore

First Grade
Excuse him from training and, if he plays, sub him off after 30 and put him back on at the 50th minute or so. That way he gets a half hour or so in the middle of the game to rest.

Excuse him from training and, if he plays, sub him off after 30 and put him back on at the 50th minute or so. That way he gets a half hour or so in the middle of the game to rest.

Agree with you Alan, and espically now that Flanno has dropped his namesake hooker, another backrower can fill that spot for 20 mins, wouldnt mind giving that role to someone like Frizzell, who could come on, and go at it 100 miles hour for the 20 mins 10 either side of haltime

PHaTMaN

Juniors
Gal wont be rested unless injured.

He can have time off training if he is fatigued, but he'll be right.

Anyone know how is calf is?

agreed phatman. last i heard his calf wasn't doing too well though. this would be the ideal opportunity to rest him so he can refresh mentally and physically, though would prefer he rest next week against the broncos, any updates on his calf?

Last edited:

Since 73

First Grade
just rest him.
tell him early in the week so the team can prepare. he won't recover playing busted. give him 2 weeks off.

Put graham to lock and Albert to 6.

Put Toops to centre as well and Pom on a leaking boat Peru.

well.

im just going on the internet buzz.

from the previous posts.i dont know anyting.

i should have put a question mark. in regards to that...i may leave him in and hope he plays.

ill sub him in fox tho.

Latest posts