What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Gallen = Overrated?

People I Know constantly say Paul Gallen seems to be one of the top players in the NRL. How can anyone not see that he is one of the most overrated players currently playing the game! I will give him some credit he does do a lot of work but that is only because he is playing in such a terrible sub standard team that he does the majority of the work and therefore looks a lot better than he is; it is a lot easier to look good in a team full of nobodies than it is to stand out playing in a team full of rep players.

I am constantly amazed that he seems to be selected in representative sides on a regular basis over other more deserving team players.

hutch

First Grade
People I Know constantly say Paul Gallen seems to be one of the top players in the NRL. How can anyone not see that he is one of the most overrated players currently playing the game! I will give him some credit he does do a lot of work but that is only because he is playing in such a terrible sub standard team that he does the majority of the work and therefore looks a lot better than he is; it is a lot easier to look good in a team full of nobodies than it is to stand out playing in a team full of rep players.

I am constantly amazed that he seems to be selected in representative sides on a regular basis over other more deserving team players.

you have no idea about rugby league! next!

I seriously have several Sharks friends that talk him up as a contender for Dally M!

Second Rowers in NRL who give away less penalties and errors and are equal or greater in skill than Gallen:

-Sam Thaiday
-Bronson Harrison <- great player, in my NRL Dream Team
-Tom Learoyd-Lahrs
-Mickey Paea
-David Stagg <- also in my NRL Dream Team
-Anthony Tupou
-Anthony Laffranchi
-Mark Minichiello
-Anthony Watmough
-Adam Blair
-Ryan Hoffman
-Steve Simpson
-Michael Luck <- used to have him in my NRL dream team but sold him to make a profit
-Willie Mason
-Nathan Hindmarsh <- only just better
-Feleti Mateo
-Trent Waterhouse
-Frank Pritchard
-Michael Crocker
-Eddy Pettybourne
-Sam Burgess
-Luke Stuart <- very underrated
-Ben Creagh
-Matt Prior
-Trent Merrin <- possibly rooke of the year
-Gareth Ellis
-Jared Waerea-Hargreaves

In summary hee can be a good player and he is better than A LOT of the players in the NRL but he wouldn't get a start at the Dragons, Wayne would have him kicked out for all his problems on and off the field.

I seriously have several Sharks friends that talk him up as a contender for Dally M!

Second Rowers in NRL who give away less penalties and errors and are equal or greater in skill than Gallen:

-Sam Thaiday
-Tom Learoyd-Lahrs
-Mickey Paea
-Anthony Tupou
-Anthony Laffranchi
-Mark Minichiello
-Anthony Watmough
-Adam Blair
-Ryan Hoffman
-Steve Simpson
-Michael Luck <- used to have him in my NRL dream team but sold him to make a profit
-Willie Mason
-Feleti Mateo
-Trent Waterhouse
-Frank Pritchard
-Michael Crocker
-Eddy Pettybourne
-Sam Burgess
-Ben Creagh
-Matt Prior
-Gareth Ellis
-Jared Waerea-Hargreaves

In summary hee can be a good player and he is better than A LOT of the players in the NRL but he wouldn't get a start at the Dragons, Wayne would have him kicked out for all his problems on and off the field.

I seriously have several Sharks friends that talk him up as a contender for Dally M! Can you believe that?

-Sam Thaiday
-Tom Learoyd-Lahrs
-Mickey Paea
-Anthony Tupou
-Anthony Laffranchi
-Mark Minichiello
-Anthony Watmough
-Adam Blair
-Ryan Hoffman
-Steve Simpson
-Willie Mason
-Feleti Mateo
-Trent Waterhouse
-Frank Pritchard
-Michael Crocker
-Eddy Pettybourne
-Sam Burgess
-Ben Creagh
-Matt Prior
-Gareth Ellis
-Jared Waerea-Hargreaves

I seriously have several Sharks friends that talk him up as a contender for Dally M! Can you believe that?

-Sam Thaiday
-Tom Learoyd-Lahrs
-Mickey Paea
-Anthony Tupou
-Anthony Laffranchi
-Mark Minichiello
-Anthony Watmough
-Adam Blair
-Ryan Hoffman
-Steve Simpson
-Willie Mason
-Feleti Mateo
-Trent Waterhouse
-Frank Pritchard
-Michael Crocker
-Eddy Pettybourne
-Sam Burgess
-Ben Creagh
-Matt Prior
-Gareth Ellis
-Jared Waerea-Hargreaves

-Sam Thaiday
-Tom Learoyd-Lahrs
-Mickey Paea
-Anthony Tupou
-Anthony Laffranchi
-Mark Minichiello
-Anthony Watmough
-Adam Blair
-Ryan Hoffman
-Steve Simpson
-Willie Mason
-Feleti Mateo
-Trent Waterhouse
-Frank Pritchard
-Michael Crocker
-Eddy Pettybourne
-Sam Burgess
-Ben Creagh
-Matt Prior
-Gareth Ellis
-Jared Waerea-Hargreaves

Crack is bad mkkkaay?

gUt

Coach
I was wondering does anyone seriously have several Sharks friends that talk him up as a contender for Dally M?

Special K

Coach
I doubt you have several friends.
:lol:

Gallen > young and creagh

inbred.jpg

I've worked it out.

This peanut was in the preliminary final of his Telegraph fantasy comp in week 25. His opponent had Gallen as his captain and therefore pissed on him from a great height crushing his dreams to be the premiers in League #2345548356908356030365....