What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Gallen = Overrated?

Spot On

Coach
I guess that's why they dropped Benny boy from origin and brought Gallen in. Oh, wait, NSW are a sh*t team and a player of Ben Creagh's standard is too talented to run around for them. Have a look at the two player's hit up, tackles and offload stats champ. Gallen's a workhorse and so he should be as he plays lock. He doesn't shirk his task. He is one of the best at it.

I understand a lot of people here like Gallen but if he is so good then why didn't the Sharks finish higher on the table this year and as I previously said how much easier is it to stand out and look good playing on a poor team than a good one.

gregstar

Referee
jared.

i'm going out on a limb here.

but i reckon you're smart enough to answer your own question reasonably.

Spot On

Coach
I understand a lot of people here like Gallen but if he is so good then why didn't the Sharks finish higher on the table this year and as I previously said how much easier is it to stand out and look good playing on a poor team than a good one.

Are you saying Gallen didn't stand out in his origin performances this year. Mate if NSW had a good prop rotation their forward pack - with Gallen and Bird at the back - would be incredible.

Bench
Mate, you are going to have to dig a f**king huge hole in a minute.

State of Origin 2, 2010
P. Gallen
Hit ups - 11 (next best was 9 by TLL and LOD)
Tackles - 19
All runs - 14 (second most for NSW behind Hayne)
Metres made - 112m (2nd best behind Hayne of course)

State of Origin 3, 2010
P. Gallen
Hit ups - 17 (most by far for NSW, next best 9 G. Bird)
Tackles - 27 ( second highest for NSW)
All runs - 21 (most for NSW)
Metres made - 162m (3rd best behind Bird and Hayne)

Seems to play alright with and against the best as well.

And Weyman was f**king useless in Origin this year - again!
Game set and match to Spot On.:lol:

NAS

Juniors
Seriously,

Watch every game this year, and mark every player out of 10.

Then add the scores........for each player.

I'll bet that Gallen is the highest poller.

The bloke is a machine.....

Doomednow

Bench
Jared, Jared, Jared.

So few posts and already so much disrespect from your fellow forumers.

You're a saints supporter, so it might be hard for you to understand that other teams outside the Dragons actually have good players, including the Sharks. Gallen is a grub of the highest order, but he is an excellent footballer. He might even take out the Dally M tonight.

You'd do well here to eat humble pie.