What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Gallen signs!

spider

Coach
Macca said:
Ha Ha, I won't pull out all those qoutes about his attitude and people saying there's the door etc.
i stand by my quotes regarding his attitude - it effected his game for all to see.

to deny it did would be futile.

I also said if he curbed it [attitude] he would again display the talent he posesses.

If those 2 quotes are correct then the bloke stayed for less, that makes him an even greater man in my eyes.
i would pretty much bet on those figures being accurate * wink *

actually - what about when he wanted to walk only 6 months ago? was he a great man in your view then?

would he still have re-signed if Manly offered $1.6m???

staying for less means he knows now if he performs he may represent again.

now he can show all what he has that got him a blue jumper last year.

Macca

Coach
Well he stayed for less Inferno, so you should be giving him credit for that.

I don't have any problem with a player testing the market, they only have so many years to make their money.

Macca

Coach
SpiderShark said:
i stand by my quotes regarding his attitude - it effected his game for all to see.

to deny it did would be futile.

I also said if he curbed it [attitude] he would again display the talent he posesses.

i would pretty much bet on those figures being accurate * wink *

actually - what about when he wanted to walk only 6 months ago? was he a great man in your view then?

would he still have re-signed if Manly offered $1.6m???

staying for less means he knows now if he performs he may represent again.

now he can show all what he has that got him a blue jumper last year.

I can understand why he wanted out. Hell, that request for a release may have even helped get the coaching change we all love to date.

The fact of the matter is that he was great for us last year, he has 4 of potentially his best in front of him, and he's signed with us for less than market value.

f**ken legend.

And in a couple of years we won't have to count 100k of it to boot!

Quint

Juniors
Aaaww How Fluffy......
He stayed because of the Coach and noth'n more!
He can see future Rep games in his sights if he impresses,which means increased salary.
He's more likely to get the Rep spot under our current Coach as he will be watching week in week out....
Manly's offer is piss weak compared to what he can achieve under Ricky.
One Club Man....ha ha ha
One Man Club ...is more like it....
But I still am reasonably happy he re-signed as long as he stays injury free...
(Fingers Crossed)

spider

Coach
you have a gallen poster on the wall dont you macca?

in hindsight i agree with the terms of the signing.

as i said - he drops the 'A' and plays footy we will fire.

if it was a different coach we all know he would be gone.

Macca

Coach
SpiderShark said:
you have a gallen poster on the wall dont you macca?

Do you have a Simmo poster?

SpiderShark said:
in hindsight i agree with the terms of the signing.

as i said - he drops the 'A' and plays footy we will fire.

if it was a different coach we all know he would be gone.

Fair enough. I just think people were jumping the gun saying, "there's the door"

. . . and Quint, you may be right, he may play rep footy under Sticky, but he'll have to be playing bloody good club footy for that to be justified and he'll be doing that for the Sharks for LESS than market value. I don't care how much he makes from the ARL because it doesn't come out of our pocket.

Thomo.

First Grade
OH BABY! don't tell me its that one like on the front of the Shark Attack magazine???

HELL BENT RUNNING FOR YA!

BRING IT ON!:crazy: