What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Gallop gornnn?

Charlie124

First Grade
If anyone was watching the Footy Show (yeah i know, probably not) they mentioned he was 1 of 3 being looked at for some soccer job, i doubt he would leave his job for that.

In other news, when they were talking about the Sharks v Raiders game on the weekend did anyone else hear Sterlo say "Stuart Raper under some pressure there im sure the sharks would like to send him off with a big one"

Jono078

Referee
Charlie124 said:
If anyone was watching the Footy Show (yeah i know, probably not) they mentioned he was 1 of 3 being looked at for some soccer job, i doubt he would leave his job for that.

In other news, when they were talking about the Sharks v Raiders game on the weekend did anyone else hear Sterlo say "Stuart Raper under some pressure there im sure the sharks would like to send him off with a big one"

Yeh I was thinking, does sterlo know something that we dont?

Sugar

Bench
Charlie124 said:

was sterlo being a smart ass or slip of the tongue

Charlie124

First Grade
very much slip of the tongue. having said that i dont know if he realised he said it, and he may have just meant "send off" as in seeing this season off becuase its their last game, time will tell.

Brutus

Referee
Gallop = News LTD puppet.

Anyone who they appoint from here on in will be a news puppet.

Ice777

Bench
Brutus said:
Gallop = News LTD puppet.

Anyone who they appoint from here on in will be a news puppet.

News LTD puppet hey? Is that the same puppet who threatened to come down hard on the Storm with fines, penalties etc should they continue to persue Steve Turner? The same puppet who backed the Titans and who slammed the door shut on the Storm to keep Steve Turner at the club?

Now i know people will say the Titans had every right to keep Turner and fair enough, but if Gallop was a News puppet then surely he wouldn't have been so vocal and adamently against it seeing that the Storm are owned by News Limited, Gallops alledged puppet masters.

But in saying that i don't want to see him go. He has a broad vision of the game in the long term and that firmly includes Melbourne so i'm happy for him to stay and hope he does.

The Tank

Bench
Stupid soccer fans

Gallop would a very good strategic move... He is the sole reason why the NRL has gotten itself off the canvas after all the SuperLeague bad taste left around...
Poaching him would be big plus for football and a huge kick in the guts for NRL - i.e. a double whammy...

I've always had a theory that the FFA and AFL should team up against the likes of the NRL... so the AFL can dominate nationally (NRL will never make a national footprint in the likes of Adelaide and realistic levels in Melbourne etc - i'm sorry, it's true) in the winter and the A-league in the summer/Socceroos internationals...
The poaching of Gallop would be the first incisive move in relegating the NRL to the suburbs of Sydney (and poor northern England quasi-extinct coal mining villages) where it belongs... i.e target the recede of RL from its vulnerable volatile market of Brisbane where AFL and football are already well entrenched to localized pockets in suburban Sydney, Newcastle, Townsville etc.

Bring on the future...

http://www8.sbs.com.au/wgforum/viewtopic.php?t=77147

Razor

Coach
Now i know people will say the Titans had every right to keep Turner and fair enough, but if Gallop was a News puppet then surely he wouldn't have been so vocal and adamently against it seeing that the Storm are owned by News Limited, Gallops alledged puppet masters.

He is a puppet.

But that doesn't mean he can break the law, which supporting the Storm would be doing.

Latest posts