What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Gallop likens Storm fans to terrorists!

El Diablo

Post Whore
PR, it's if no comparison to Vlad knocking the Swans for the shit brand 'football' they play.

just because it was an anniversary year means the CEO should be ignoring the poor planning and operation of some traditional clubs.

Vlad was directly knocking the brand of an expansion club. No comparison between the two at all.

i'm surprised PR hasn't mentioned how great the West Coast Eagles are yet

Hutty1986

Immortal
Having gone to my first storm game on the weekend, I would liken storm fans to a special ed class.

They applaud or boo absolutely everything (and sometimes half the crowd will do each).

They are hilarious.

We think Souffs fans are bad, but what about some of the toothless yokel bogans you see in the crowd there in Melbourne? They make some of those Bunnies fans look sophisticated!

Evenflow

Bench
They applaud or boo absolutely everything (and sometimes half the crowd will do each).

They are hilarious.

How very peculiar, a crowd that claps when they see something they like and boo when they see something they don't.......:sarcasm:

Silent Knight

First Grade
main.php

Noa

First Grade
We think Souffs fans are bad, but what about some of the toothless yokel bogans you see in the crowd there in Melbourne? They make some of those Bunnies fans look sophisticated!

I resemble that statement !

eozsmiles

Bench
How very peculiar, a crowd that claps when they see something they like and boo when they see something they don't.......:sarcasm:

A crowd that cheers the cheats and boos when they get caught, that is very peculiar. The sort of thing that probably happens in prison sports.

Never thought it would happen but Storm fans have well and truly taken over from Manly fans as being sooks. The Storm supporters that continue to defend the cheating are just sounding like spoilt pussies of dubious character. They probably think Ryan Tandy is a straight up bloke. They are sounding more like AFL fans everyday.

Evenflow

Bench
A crowd that cheers the cheats and boos when they get caught, that is very peculiar. The sort of thing that probably happens in prison sports.

Never thought it would happen but Storm fans have well and truly taken over from Manly fans as being sooks. The Storm supporters that continue to defend the cheating are just sounding like spoilt pussies of dubious character. They probably think Ryan Tandy is a straight up bloke. They are sounding more like AFL fans everyday.

Thank you for your input, it's been duly noted. As for Tandy, he was cheating Bulldog scum ;-)

Slackboy72

Coach
Conversation I had with a storm 'fan' in 2006...(based on a slightly unreliable memory)

Moi: So who are you going for now that the Demons have been knocked out?
Melbournian: Noone. I'm following NRL now. I'm going for the storm.
Moi: But you don't know anything about league.
Melbournian: Yes I do. I've been following the storm since I was a kid.
Moi: Don't you mean since you were 19?
Melbournian: How long have they been around?
Moi: Not long.
Melbournian: That doesn't matter. I'm a big fan.
Moi: It's the first time I've heard you mention them.
Melbournian: No it's not.
Moi: Have you ever been to olympic park?
Melbournian: Where's that?
Moi: Next to the G.
Melbournian: Oh.
Moi: Who's your favourite storm player?
Melbournian: Umm...
Moi: Gee you're ridiculous.
Melbournian: Billy Lockyer's my favourite. He's good isn't he?
Moi: Do you always wear such tight jeans?
Melbournian: Piss off H******.

beads6

First Grade
It was taken completely out of context by the Victorians and the media IMO. Big drama over not much. He had a good point but he said the wrong thing. Gallop is a goose and needs to go but he didn't do that much wrong.

BunniesMan

Immortal
What a f**kwit. And I actually think he's right in this 'debate' against the Storm and some of their fans. But when you go and throw around a word like 'terrorist' so casually, you're begging neutrals to turn against you and have your words twisted by the media and those who already don't like you.

This just shows how clueless he is. Do you think Andrew Demetriou would ever use the word 'terrorist' in even the slighest connection to any AFL fans? Even if he thought it he wouldn't.

Gallop is an intellectual lightweight who only has his job because he is News Ltd's puppet. The sooner he f**ks off and the sooner we have an independent (and intelligent) CEO, the better.

Brutus

Referee
you think the Storm were hard done by though so you don't understand the comments and are just sticking up for the halfwit Storm fans

You're a funny bugger.

One minute your posting funny pictures of Gallop and bagging him over his lack of action on behalf of Melb rugby league fans and their TV coverage woes. The next minute you cast him as a hero over the Storm salary cap issue and defend him to hilt. Do you like him or not?? I'd be interested to find out.

I'm not sure which team you support, but if that particular team was stripped of a premiership, I'd bet Gallop would get the same reaction. It's what "passionate" fans do.

He was booed ffs and as you'd well know Storm fans have a few reasons to feel aggrieved. Had someone thrown something at him or tried to assault him in some way then I would be dead against that and he'd every right to react.

But he was f**king booed. for f**ks sake!!

If he was smart he would have visited AAMI Park and Brookvale Oval a lot earlier in the season.

squeeze

Juniors
Conversation I had with a storm 'fan' in 2006...(based on a slightly unreliable memory)

cool story bro :sarcasm:

Lowdown

Juniors

I guess you just had to be there...
:roll: