What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Gallops reception

Evenflow

Bench
I would love nothing more than for the Storm to win the comp this year.

The have three great players who have come through their ranks and have surrounded them with rejects and youngsters. Great culture, putting the Sydney club chook raffle mentality to shame.

Apparently 3 great players is all you need to win a comp and the rest are just surplus stock just making up the numbers who contribute sweet FA according to some of the halfwits around here :crazy:

Just to clarify, i have no issue with us being stripped of all we were and as hard as it was to cop i've never thought we were hard done by. In regards to Gallop, the thing that pissed me off the most and showed him to be the gutless turd that he is was when it took him months to front the players as they requested to explain everything that went on and to go through it in detail.

Now i know the mental midgets will say he didn't have to and they didn't deserve an explanation of the findings because they assume some were compliant. But this very same organization who found the Storm guilty of the breaches found the players not guilty of being compliant so that's not an issue.

As the leader of our game and these players being such a big part of it then he should've made himself available to them when they asked him to. It wouldn't have changed anything but for their own reasons they wanted to have a meeting about it and he couldn't find the time to even do that. That doesn't just go for the Storm and this situation it goes for every single club, if they want to meet him about any issue then he should oblige, surely that's a part of his job description FFS.

eozsmiles

Bench
Gallop and the Storm probably go to the same christmas party. They are all mates.
The fans would be suckers to boo Santa Claus because Gallop is the only reason the Storm were allowed to continue with such strength. If they weren't such a strategic club to the NRL they'd have been shafted. If Cronulla had done it they'd be dusted. Storm paid back their ill gotten prize money and were exposed as cheats, then told to follow the rules from 2011. That's all. That's not a punishment. It's like telling a thief to give the money back and we're sweet. They were even allowed, or should I say encouraged, to conduct a circus tour last year where they ruined any number of teams final hopes one week then had a holiday the next. All the while earning dollars off an illegal team.

Billy Slater is taking a $200k pay cut per year to stay at the Storm at the peak of his career. If the Storm don't think they gained an advantage by paying him overs for the last 5 years then they are silly.

Not even a sorry from them. The game deserves better than inviting these types of people in.

dollyhands

Juniors
He'll be giving the shield at the last game against the Roosters is what I'm told. What a cop out. He did what he had to do by punishing us but he won't come down and present Storm with the MP shield because of fear of a backlash? He'll get booed and jeered? Big f**king deal. Imagine if the Broncos won the MP and had it presented at an away game...
what a joke! Has this ever happened before?

Stormsally

Juniors
What's funny is that the only people on her saying that Storm Fans believe that they were unfairly treated are supporters of other teams.

Storm fans have many reasons to give Gallop a negative reception - some will believe we were unfairly stripped of titles, others feel let down about the bad television deal (we will not see the Manly game until 11:30pm on Friday - even though we pay for Foxtel) others feel we have always been abandoned by the NSW centric NRL. Gallop knows this - it is planing to come to Melbourne for the first home final and will cop his boos.

I don't usually like to bite - but for those who think that the Storm should have had to tear up all of their contracts don't realise that unless there was a legal reason why these contracts could be broken, they had to honour them. If NRL could prove that the players had broken a contract, action would have been taken. Storm had to honour all contracts and include any amount deemed in their salary cap.

Evenflow

Bench
I don't usually like to bite - but for those who think that the Storm should have had to tear up all of their contracts don't realise that unless there was a legal reason why these contracts could be broken, they had to honour them. If NRL could prove that the players had broken a contract, action would have been taken. Storm had to honour all contracts and include any amount deemed in their salary cap.

Stop talking sense and letting the truth get in the way of a good story Sally. There's a certain element on this board that clearly don't have the mental capacity to comprehend it.

eozsmiles

Bench
It's part of the reason 90% of the RL world are off Melbourne? Because even after all the cheating and success found on the back of it and the huge money the players made, they still demanded that the NRL hold their hands and rubbed their bellies to make things ok. Nobody needed to say anything to the Storm players besides the Storm management. The NRL didn't cheat and didn't cheat them. What did they need explained? That this game has a salary cap? That 5 million is 1 million more than 4 million?

Not sure what Gallop would say - "Hello. Gee you guys are on a good wicket down here. Nice boat Greg. You have lost your premierships because you're club cheated and lied. It's nobody elses fault so if you need an apology you can go ask them. They had you sign multiple contracts with differing amounts on them, but you know that because you signed them yeah? And then they gave us the dodgy ones. Pretty simple cheating. But you can keep your nice cars and stuff. So you must be pretty happy at the end of the day. Some blokes never got to play a semi because you blokes cheated so why not think on that for a minute."

Interesting that the players were found to be non compliant despite Cam Smith breaking down in front of the team when the news arrived and saying "it's all my fault". Was he the only one smat enough to read both his contracts? And nobody involved in pro sport believes Coach Bellamy when he says he doesn't have a say in what the players earn. If Melbourne signed Ben Pomeroy for a million a year Bellamy gets no say? Funny stuff.

LatK7

First Grade
You gronks are the one with the siege mentality. Your team does wrong by the game of RL and basically made seasons 2006-2010 redundant and you sit there with a straight face at the rest of the community and say Gallop did wrong by the Melbourne Storm?

f**k off, your club should be banished and burned from the ground up and thrown in to the RL dumpster.

Correction. This is the best post I have seen here in a while.

Eels Dude

Coach
What's funny is that the only people on her saying that Storm Fans believe that they were unfairly treated are supporters of other teams.

Yeah it's funny that :roll:

Maybe, just maybe, supporters of other clubs are unbiased in thinking about the situtation and the bigger picture unlike one-eyed Storm fans.

Evenflow

Bench
It's part of the reason 90% of the RL world are off Melbourne? Because even after all the cheating and success found on the back of it and the huge money the players made, they still demanded that the NRL hold their hands and rubbed their bellies to make things ok. Nobody needed to say anything to the Storm players besides the Storm management. The NRL didn't cheat and didn't cheat them. What did they need explained? That this game has a salary cap? That 5 million is 1 million more than 4 million?

Right on cue, one of the mental midget halfwits i spoke of. Firstly it's 95% of the RL league world that hate us and in all honesty i don't think that's enough. An increase will only come from a GF win but we're a long long way from achieving that so until then i'll just dream. I'm sure that was meant as some sort of insult but after the shit we've copped in the last year i can assure you that Storm fans treat that as a badge of honor. We're hated, we geddit but we also love it.

Secondly, the players didn't "demand" to meet Gallop, they requested to meet him for some clarification just like any employee of any company in the world is more than within their rights to do. I'll say it again because obviously you were too stupid to take it in the first time, the NRL and their tireless investigations found absolutely NO evidence that the players were compliant in any way, if they did there obviously would've been action against them, there wasn't. With that being the case and them being found totally innocent, why didn't they deserve a meeting to answer any questions they might've had?

It's not up to me or numpties like you to decide what the players might have needed explained to them, it's none of our business as we didn't go through it as they did. They asked for a meeting from the boss of our sport for their own reasons and he blatantly ignored them. The ones that were found guilty of breaches got done and deservedly copped their right whack, but given the players were found completely innocent by the organization you clearly have so much faith in there's no possible reason why he should've declined meeting the players, after all they're the ones that lost the most out of this in terms of trophies.

If you asked for a meeting with your boss would you expect to be totally ignored? That may be a dumb question because there's every chance you don't even have a job.

LESStar58

Referee
what a joke! Has this ever happened before?

Its a bit of a sticking point ATM. There's been a few articles in the last few weeks about Gallop possibly having to front up at AAMI Park. Apparently the NRL took the issue to Gauci who said he wanted it done at the first home finally. However, the word is that it will take place against the Roosters in the last round as its been scheduled for the 7pm Sunday game.

Again, Gallop did what he did. That's fine. I've moved on. But if he's not going to front to perform his duties as CEO because he is afraid of a hostile Melbourne crowd...well, see ya later Gallop; you are not fit to help take our game to a new era when the IC is up and running. This is not the sign of a confident leader. Company directors and CEOs make unpopular decisions every day. Do they care what the response is or how they are viewed personally?

All year I have heard him blowing smoke about how the Storm in 2011 are performing and how it vindicates the NRL and the penalties handed down. If the ends justified the means then what's the problem?

Evenflow

Bench
Melbourne fans are ungrateful peasants. Their team rorts the cap and they think their team was hard done by, f**k off

Yeah it's funny that :roll:

Maybe, just maybe, supporters of other clubs are unbiased in thinking about the situtation and the bigger picture unlike one-eyed Storm fans.

I keep on reading about all these Storm fans who feel "hard done by" and they're so one-eyed to think we got the wrong end of the stick but who the f**k are all these people? Especially ones that still think it after all this time?

You both clearly seem to think there's many so with that being the case how about you make a list of all these people you speak of. I tell you what i'll even start it for you:

Butters.

Good luck finding many if any to add to it............

Eels Dude

Coach
I keep on reading about all these Storm fans who feel "hard done by" and they're so one-eyed to think we got the wrong end of the stick but who the f**k are all these people? Especially ones that still think it after all this time?

You both clearly seem to think there's many so with that being the case how about you make a list of all these people you speak of. I tell you what i'll even start it for you:

Butters.

Good luck finding many if any to add to it............

Maybe you should actually take the time to read the post I quoted and was responding to if you're wondering who these supporters are that feel they got "hard done by".

Evenflow

Bench
Its a bit of a sticking point ATM. There's been a few articles in the last few weeks about Gallop possibly having to front up at AAMI Park. Apparently the NRL took the issue to Gauci who said he wanted it done at the first home finally. However, the word is that it will take place against the Roosters in the last round as its been scheduled for the 7pm Sunday game.

Unless you've heard something else Less, going by this article and direct quotes from Gallop he'll be presenting the shield at the first final unless something has changed.

"He did volunteer to attend the SFS, where the Roosters host the Storm, and present the minor premiership to the club banished from last year's competition for salary cap rorting.

Gallop made the offer to Storm chief executive Ron Gauci who consulted with coach Craig Bellamy. Bellamy won't talk minor premiership, given the superstition of coaches and the fact there are still four rounds remaining. ''RON came back to me and said they want to do it at the first semi-final game at AAMI stadium and we agreed to that" Gallop said.

eaglefan64

Juniors
Given we won both of those grand finals, I tend to think it makes sense.

You won both Grand Finals with sides that were deemed 'illegal', therefore your name was taken off the premiers list.

What pisses most fans off is that your cheating scum side took the opportunity away from 2 legitimate sides to win the comp. This in turn took away from everyone in those 2 sides(players, fans and officials) the opportunity to enjoy the feeling of have won the comp fairly.

go on and enjoy your hollow victory if it makes you feel good...but in the end history will show you won nothing but a massive fine.

St_Jubbsy

Staff member
If Gallop gets pilloried if he fronts up at Melbourne, it will not be because their supporters are disapproving the NRL's handling of the game down there in regards to tv scheduling etc. It will be because the muppets think they should be able to keep the titles they won whilst cheating.

LESStar58

Referee
Yeah that's the Masters article I read...but I heard different last night as well.

Mind you he probably will end up coming and I'll end up looking like a bigger tool than I already am...

Evenflow

Bench
Maybe you should actually take the time to read the post I quoted and was responding to if you're wondering who these supporters are that feel they got "hard done by".

Ummm yeah, i did that. The person you quoted (Sally) said "What's funny is that the only people on here saying that Storm Fans believe that they were unfairly treated are supporters of other teams." Translation: She doesn't think we were hard done by, it's only people like you and TT who are saying we think we're hard done by when we as Storm fans don't think we were.

Perhaps you should actually take the time to read posts because if you did yo would see that Sally doesn't feel hard done by and isn't one that can be added to the list. Now that's been clarified we'll start again.

Butters........

Latest posts