What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Galuvao or Puletua???

Who is better?? Galuvao or Puletua

• Joe Galuvao

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

bucko

Juniors
Just wondering what you panthers fan think. I tell you it's a hard one to pick between.

JoeD

First Grade
I voted for Joe Galavao because before he got there Puletua was nothing like he is now. It is Joe that is pushing him into being a great player. BTW good win for the Panthers against Newcastle. The way they were playing it was a credit to newcastle that didn't get beaten 50-0.

Priddo

Juniors
Joe for sure!....he makes more metres then his partner in crime i think he earns less too.

SP

Bench
I reckon they're both good, but Joe is better in my opinion though

id love to see them both in the NZ team for the test match

Caged Panther

First Grade
joe lives not so far for me I'm pretty sure his game eve ritual consists of watching a truck load of video/dvd's his always returning a stack the day of the games.

SP

Bench
Gday Caged

found your way over to this forum

great too see more panther fans over, although it still seems like im talking to myself, lol :lol:

Caged Panther

First Grade
Lewis said:
Gday Caged

great too see more panther fans over, although it still seems like im talking to myself, lol :lol:

ha that reminds me of my early days over at rleague when there was me and about only 2 other panther supporters around. :lol: :lol:

SP

Bench
Panther Unleashed said:
Lewis said:
Gday Caged

ha that reminds me of my early days over at rleague when there was me and about only 2 other panther supporters around. :lol: :lol:

Yeah i remember that, i was one of them :lol:

i think the other was AdamH or Lepantherjones

panthersballboy

Juniors
It's too hard to split them Joe does make the hard yards but T has stinging defence. I love watching them still moving with about 4 defenders hanging off them. Definately the 2 form 2nd rowers in the comp.

aqua_duck

Coach
I think Puletua is a more gifted player, at the moment they're probably as good as each other but in time I got no doubt Puletua will be the better player. Puletua is the bigger of the two, has a better passing game and has a strong fend, he was a schoolboy prodigy and in my opinion on his day, he's potential the most devastating forward in the game. Galuvao is abit more one dimensional, he's got thighs like tree trunks and relies purely on his power and leg drive, he's not as big as Puletua but is built with a lower centre of gravity and tends to score more tries because he can go down low and drive. I think as time goes by he'll be less effective because he hasn't got as many weapons as Puletua. As for Puletua being nothing like he is now, well I disagree, at the end of the 2000 season everyone was calling him the next Gordon Tallis, which is a pretty big wrap if you ask me. Sure he had a few wretched years but that was when the whole team was going terrible.

Munky

Coach
aqua_duck said:
I think Puletua is a more gifted player, at the moment they're probably as good as each other but in time I got no doubt Puletua will be the better player. Puletua is the bigger of the two, has a better passing game and has a strong fend, he was a schoolboy prodigy and in my opinion on his day, he's potential the most devastating forward in the game. Galuvao is abit more one dimensional, he's got thighs like tree trunks and relies purely on his power and leg drive, he's not as big as Puletua but is built with a lower centre of gravity and tends to score more tries because he can go down low and drive. I think as time goes by he'll be less effective because he hasn't got as many weapons as Puletua. As for Puletua being nothing like he is now, well I disagree, at the end of the 2000 season everyone was calling him the next Gordon Tallis, which is a pretty big wrap if you ask me. Sure he had a few wretched years but that was when the whole team was going terrible.

Remember Puletua was spear-tackled twice in the same final against Canberra and only this season has come back to his powers.

Korurangi

Juniors
Id say Galavao because hes da man at smashing the ball up the feild and tackling. They are both kiwis so who gives

Anonymous

Juniors
This is like comparing Ali Lauiti'iti with Steve Reardon, there's no comparison. Galuvao is a journeyman and Puletua is a superstar.

bucko

Juniors
Geez this is a very close poll. It's so hard to pick as it seems they play better than each other in alternate weeks almost. The only second rower that's as good as these 2 in the game is Ruben Wiki, also another kiwi.

Ali Lauiti'iti with Steve Reardon is also a very interesting comparison!!

bucko

Juniors
That try he scored against the warriors was a beauty. At the moment this poll stands at:
Guluvao: 15
Puletua: 20

Tupac Shakur

First Grade
I reckon Puletua for mine. He is just more like consistent and more damaging runner and great in defense too. But so is Galuvao i just think Puletua has an edge over him.