What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Galuvao to Parra?

RainMan

Juniors
Hurriflatch said:
Mateo had massive attitude problems prior to Hagan coming which is part of the reason he never played 1st grade other then 1 game in 2004

Attitude or Brian Smith problems?

hindmarsh4pm

Juniors
Simo said:
Hey Parra people, why is Ian Hindmarsh retiring? How old is he?
i ask myself the same question all the time simo, ian is going great guns, he is 31 i believe and is retiring to work on the farm

Twizzle

Administrator
Staff member
Simo said:

he seems to be over it and wants to get back to the farm

he's still playing well enough, but if the fire isn't in the belly its time to move on

The Colonel

Immortal
The Mack said:
You guys should have kept Tsoulos IMO.

For what exactly?

Unfortunately he hasn't done a hell of a lot since his debut. The Doggies will be good for him.

As for other props - Paulo is the likely candidate for next year.

The Colonel

Immortal
Simo said:

Ian is putting his all into it this year because he is retiring. Isn't going through the motions at all - just making sure there nothing left in the tank so to speak. Has a dairy farm in Cowra that he wants to put more time into instead.

Bigfella

Coach
Yep Ian has been better as the season draws to a near. No guarantee he can sustain that standard for another year - and by all accounts he doesn;t want to anyway.

On Joe - Parra management might also have to consider the possibility that by letting Souths off the hook with him they are helping them sign Hayne (or is there only one year left on his deal with Souths?)

Simo

First Grade
Bigfella said:
Yep Ian has been better as the season draws to a near. No guarantee he can sustain that standard for another year - and by all accounts he doesn;t want to anyway.

On Joe - Parra management might also have to consider the possibility that by letting Souths off the hook with him they are helping them sign Hayne (or is there only one year left on his deal with Souths?)

I may have misread your post but are you saying Souths have signed or are attempting to sign Jarrod Hayne?

Why would Parra want them to sign Hayne? Their already loosing Tahu loosing two rep quality players in a season farks a team bad.

Have a look @ the dogs minus asotasi and Myles over the last couple of years.

Paul Hewson

Juniors
Bigfella said:

Galuvao's deal with Souths is only until the end of next year. So that won't affect Souths trying to sign Hayne for 2009.

dice

Juniors
Does the full value of Guvulao's combined contract come under Parra's salary cap or do they split it with Souths?

Bigfella

Coach
I may have misread your post but are you saying Souths have signed or are attempting to sign Jarrod Hayne?

There are persistent rumours that they may even have already done a deal for 2009 subject to being able to offload some players to accommodate him under the cap.

It also appears they have now withdrawn their offer to Nathan Merritt.

Hence I would query why Parra would help them achieve that. But PH above tells me Joe's deal doesn't affect their 2009 cap any way.

Bazal

Post Whore
This signing is win/win for Parra tbh...We are paying him less than guys like Weller Hauraki and Junior Paulo. Either he finds his huge talent again at Parra, who have turned guys like Solomona, Widders, Mateo and MoiMoi from fat, disinterested slobs into stars...or he is a star in our JBC feeder side, who can pass his advice and experience onto our young backrowers like Mateo, Hauraki, and Tony Williams who are all wide runners and good ball players like he was back in the day

sooperdooper

First Grade
Bazal said:
This signing is win/win for Parra tbh...We are paying him less than guys like Weller Hauraki and Junior Paulo. Either he finds his huge talent again at Parra, who have turned guys like Solomona, Widders, Mateo and MoiMoi from fat, disinterested slobs into stars...or he is a star in our JBC feeder side, who can pass his advice and experience onto our young backrowers like Mateo, Hauraki, and Tony Williams who are all wide runners and good ball players like he was back in the day

tip: Mateo was never fat

Latest posts