What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Game Day - Dog Day Afternoon

Bob Scott

Juniors
Katoa must have pissed Ramien off somehow because he simply refuses to pass to him , again Ramien just looks like a 2nd rower filling in at centre , no finess to his game .
There were a few players who don't have a lot of experience who just need to learn that it's not always about the glory plays , the old heads coming in next year will help with that .

Quigs

Immortal
Ramien is a hog as some of you might even be aware of the fact that he CANNOT PASS A FOOTY.

He doesn't have a clue. How many times this season has he ran into a gap (not many) and either lost the pill in the tackle or thrown a shit pass to chasing support.

Sharkorff

Juniors
Better ambush Manly next Sunday fer croyst’s sake.

They’re about to make us reeeeeeet like a pig with some of this half-arsed, middle defence.

Frenzy.

Immortal
Yes Ramien is a bloody hog.

Does a lot of good work but undoes it by holding the ball too long.
Possibly fixable

Trindall is a hog too

Fixable

But yes, they both hold on too long and I think part of it with Noodles is he has NO idea how to set up a support and does so many dipsy doodle in every run he goes behind support players all the time. I still see him as second rower. Sooner rather than later as well

bluefox68

Staff member
Come on , guys…

The Dogs only just lost to Souths and Rorters.

We did alright.

The bad:

Hiroti offers nothing…

Fifita is ‘yesterday’s hero’…

Our middle defence does not lock up the play.

The good:

We hopefully get a chance to see Trindall at 7 and Tracey (or Moyza) at 6. Obviously, SJ played great in the first half, but we need to see ‘the future’…

Ozzi_78

First Grade
Jesse has in the past blown tries by not passing. I will defend him in the first one today though. He got caught up and off balance. I’m glad he didn’t throw it in the end as we scored not long after from memory.

Frenzy.

Immortal
Come on , guys…

The Dogs only just lost to Souths and Rorters.

We did alright.

The bad:

Hiroti offers nothing…

Fifita is ‘yesterday’s hero’…

Our middle defence does not lock up the play.

The good:

We hopefully get a chance to see Trindall at 7 and Tracey (or Moyza) at 6. Obviously, SJ played great in the first half, but we need to see ‘the future’…

No we don't. We need the side to make the semis. They may go bang, bang out but they need to enter 2022 on a positive note. So, you put theist available in. Going or staying use the best you got

Why do people wanna chop off their noses to spite their faces?

Yes you Foxxy!!

Bob Scott

Juniors
No we don't. We need the side to make the semis. They may go bang, bang out but they need to enter 2022 on a positive note. So, you put theist available in. Going or staying use the best you got

Why do people wanna chop off their noses to spite their faces?

Yes you Foxxy!!
I agree about making the semi's even if we just fall over the line , it looks good on the club resume that we religiously make the playoffs , players look at that when being recruited , plus more playoff experience for the younger fellas going into the next couple of seasons when we will be serious contenders .

shaggs

Coach
A drop out that goes 50 on the fly should not have tackle one 28 metres out from our line. Today that happened.
Now I have no basis or stats for this, but I have a theory about this.

No matter how the drop off goes, high, low, along the ground, the first tackle is always around the 30.
Someone who likes stats and spreadsheets @Frenzy. might be able to something with this.

carinashark

First Grade
Concentrated up and in tackling stops most attacks and forces teams to go wide. Slide And tackle as a team , players working with each other. The first game this season against the Raiders showed we could do this. Look at Storm they do this consistently .

coolumsharkie

Referee
Those 2 tries for the Dogs were preventable. I can't believe how switched off we are, especially since we just ran back on the park ffs!! This isn't a new thing, it's been stinking up the football team since Bomber was coach and it's still sticks out like a sore thumb.
No pressure at all on the kicker in the first and no one contesting the ball at the other end on both occasions. We were all screaming WTF in unison. Any team that scores 2 quick tries in a row gets the adrenaline boost and a front foot. Luckily it was the Bulldogs and they shot themselves in the foot. Thanks Dylan.