What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Game Day - Dog Day Afternoon

Weaponhead

Coach
The biggest issue I saw yesterday was a lack of leadership. No one to stand up and tell the young blokes that it wasn't 'good enough' to allow those soft tries, and the uncommitted and slow defensive line. There's no one doing this, that I know of. I even have my doubts about Wade doing it when he's captain of the side.
Spot on. This is why McInness and Finucane are such important signings. They will drive the standards that have slipped so dramatically.

The sloppy start to the second half showed the lack application that has characterised this team and why bottom of the 8 is their ceiling.

shadowboxer

First Grade
Fair bit of solo wandering around after those two tries after half time - no huddle or sprays. Just pretty much- “mmm how long on the clock left”
Preventable but it just where they are atm. Never want to see a player injured but SJ out I’d opportunity - the wise will use it

Stake Removed

First Grade
Spot on. This is why McInness and Finucane are such important signings. They will drive the standards that have slipped so dramatically.

The sloppy start to the second half showed the lack application that has characterised this team and why bottom of the 8 is their ceiling.
When that 2nd half started the most experienced first grader we had on the field was Ramien, then Williams.
Woods & Fifita were on the bench.
I can't see Ramien being someone to lead them, I did notice Williams talking

SharkShocked

Bench
I'd say it's more concerning when the coach is admitting quite freely in his presser later that he knows this about the team and that we have this ability to get completely bored/lost in games.

Almost feels like they don't have a clue where it comes from or how to fix it.

DJDL

Bench
When that 2nd half started the most experienced first grader we had on the field was Ramien, then Williams.
Woods & Fifita were on the bench.
I can't see Ramien being someone to lead them, I did notice Williams talking

Yeah, I noticed that at the time too.
There's plenty on here that are happy for Woods, Tolman, and SJ to be moved on. That little period of play gave a good insight into what life without them looks like.

Thankfully next year there's Finucane and McInnes on the way.

As for the rest of this year: be careful what you pray for...

Latest posts