What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Game Day - Mighties -v- The Madges ... It is on.

Bob Scott

Juniors
So a few things to call out from the game for me;

Kennedy - Playing great footy, and for all his speed and creativity, the thing that is really standing out for me is how strong he looks. In previous years, he looked weak in contact, he now seems so strong through the hips - he hits the line hard and is powering through blokes.

Metcalfe - Looks the business in these current rules. Raw, but super fast - a threat with the ball in hand, every playmaker needs to be a running threat first and foremost to create time and space.

Brailey - Great to see him finally scooting. Still would benefit from a mid-game breather in my opinion.

Katoa and Ronnie - LOVE the runs up the guts. Real shame for Ronnie to be hurt.

Moylan - if only he wasn’t made of biscuit. First steps are always forward, looks a running threat at all times, and has beautiful hands. Just wish his body could be reliable. If he’d treat his body right over the years and could stay fit, he’d transform us into a serious footy team.
Agree with all of that , but , the 2 wingers have to sort their shit out on defence .

Bob Scott

Juniors
The one thing we know is we have points in us , even against the better teams we have generally put points on the board , if we can get our defense sorted which we will no doubt do considering that both Fitz and Price are both noted defense coaches then i can see us being competitive with most teams next year .
Couple of more building blocks to be recruited and i think we will be giving the top teams a game .

The one thing we know is we have points in us , even against the better teams we have generally put points on the board , if we can get our defense sorted which we will no doubt do considering that both Fitz and Price are both noted defense coaches then i can see us being competitive with most teams next year .
Couple of more building blocks to be recruited and i think we will be giving the top teams a game .
McInnes and Finucane tightening up the defence in the middle will hopefully be a huge transformation

Frenzy.

Immortal

Yep. About time someone mentioned defence. There is not now, and will not be next year, trouble scoring points. The firepower is there for that. The Sharks average 24 points a game now. They concede 23+.

Arbitary figures but 24 should be enough to win most games. To be top tier they have to get under 16-18 conceded per game.

Frenzy.

Immortal
Agree with all of that , but , the 2 wingers have to sort their shit out on defence .

Yep, and all the halves. We had 4 halves on display last night and they all need work. Everyone one of them turns their outside shoulder out in the line. They can tackle, just can't defend well yet. 3 of those halves only have a handful of NRL games though. Moylan has never been an elite defender.

Hoping Fitz/Price can teach them unit defence and trust.