What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Game Day - Sharkies vs. Warriors

shadowboxer

First Grade
Fair game to watch whilst drinking heavy IPA - almost dozed off a few times from the one outs, school boy errors and inside balls. But a win it is. Of the keepers for next year, Ramien is cannon fodder. Absolute Tarzan playing like Jane. Finally, Matt Lodge is a grub. That is all

snout

First Grade
Noodles is too dumb to be a centre.
Too much sideways running.
Not the hands.
And..the killer - when kennedy chimes in and makes the xtra man on the right noodles cuts in under him. WTF?!?...doesnt he go to training??

Frenzy.

Immortal
Noodles is too dumb to be a centre.
Too much sideways running.
Not the hands.
And..the killer - when kennedy chimes in and makes the xtra man on the right noodles cuts in under him. WTF?!?...doesnt he go to training??

He forgets

CTE. Doesn't seem to get them in footy but he's surely had a few brain injuries.

Stake Removed

First Grade
I would like to see Ramien moved to backrower, he is not a centre.
Talakai I would love to see him used as a middle he has go forward

Ramien is strong but is there something about his running style that makes him easy for defences to dominate, seems to get driven backwards like he's about 60kgs.

Orright. I'm going to give a Slosh-Up.

The Warriors kept attacking our left defence. Why? because Tracey kept moving up-back-up-back-up-back-up-back etc. He wasn't holding a line. The Warriors were just not good enough to exploit it.
They hardly ever went Ramiens side for a reason. That side was in synch.
Otherwise it was a pretty bloody even match up. I enjoyed the game on the whole.

This was not an audition for Trindall. Moyza still runs the game play that goes on, it as quite clear that SJ doesn't know what to do in tried circumstance.
Well done to The Warriors for winning the 2nd half.

DJDL

Bench
Souths passed off the ground to score against us remember

Yeah, I remember that one. The only real difference being that the ball-carrying arm didn't touch the ground for the Souths guy. Once the ball-carrying arm comes into contact with the ground, as long as there is a defender in contact with you, you can't promote or pass the ball.

But yes, both poor decisions IMHO.

DJDL

Bench
Ask this. If he had been pushed out would the flag have gone up? He was still moving and so were they. If he'd been taken out that would have been fir play as the tackle wasn't called. Therefore he had a right to pass.

IMNHO

I'll have to respectfully disagree.

Under that logic, if a player is tackled short of the line, but still sliding, they can reach out and place the ball over the line if they were going to come up short. We both know that's not allowed.

It's the same here, as I see it: the arm carrying the ball came into contact with the ground so you cannot promote it or pass.

Quicksilver

Bench
I'll have to respectfully disagree.

Under that logic, if a player is tackled short of the line, but still sliding, they can reach out and place the ball over the line if they were going to come up short. We both know that's not allowed.

It's the same here, as I see it: the arm carrying the ball came into contact with the ground so you cannot promote it or pass.

Agree. But they seem to have changed the way they interpret tackles and sidelines (and now passes). Just to confuse us all some more.

Quigs

Immortal
The young fullback with the drag queen eyes certainly goes well.

Love it how he was virtually shown the door by the donkeys.

Inferno

Coach

The Warriors kept attacking our left defence. Why? because Tracey kept moving up-back-up-back-up-back-up-back etc. He wasn't holding a line. The Warriors were just not good enough to exploit it.
Otherwise it was a pretty bloody even match up. I enjoyed the game on the whole.

This was not an audition for Trindall. Moyza still runs the game play that goes on, it as quite clear that SJ doesn't know what to do in tried circumstance.

Ramien's defence is solid but his attack is average.

I suppose at least of the two the latter is easier to coach.

Quigs

Immortal
Everytime I see Ramien run into the open (and it is not that frequent) I expect two things now.
1. He throws a wild pass
2. He gets a granny tap on the elbow or wrists and spills the ball.

It's not rocket surgery. Someone needs to replay some tapes to him.

Frenzy.

Immortal

He was the same versus the Broncos. He hasn't learnt to trust his mate or the system. The penny will have to drop fast before his future as a centre is solid.